Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member from TN.

Crowe

Corvette
79 red coupe
Hello to all and thanks for the membership finally lol it was tough to get registered thru my iPhone app and online at first really feel as if I've joined an elite group here. I just inherited my dads 79 corvette which he bought when I was 14 with my help finding and then we fixed and restored few things along way together. When I turned 25 I graduated nursing school and finally got a decent payin job and bought my 70 cutlass SX model and we began going to shows and local cruise ins together. He passed away 11/1/12 which was worst day of life so far and then I found out he left his motorcycles and corvette to my brother and I to sell and do what we want with the money. Knowing how important the car was to him I decided to keep it and being that's its not original i realize its worth even less but that's why I love it. The 79 of course isn't As popular or valuable but instead of the anemic original motor it has a 68 corvette L78 option 327 with 350hp engine. When he bought the car in mid 90s we had the local Chevy dealer run numbers on engine to see exactly what he had. It's a fun car to drive not quite the grunt of my cutlass 455 but its a vette and it'll still get up and go. I'm considering upgraded wheels one day but I'm not sure i want to touch it all things considered. I'm sure ill have some questions in future and thanks again for the invite. Here's a few pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367315057.033273.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367315080.816376.jpg

And few of my cutlass and also a 69 cutlass I bought then sold once my daughter was born but do what you have to do can't really justify all the toys at age 30!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367315189.426249.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367315237.211119.jpg

Good morning Crowe and welcome to CAC. I grabbed your post from the other thread and started one just for you, so more people can welcome you more personally. That's a great looking set of cars you have. I know how life gets into the way of things and I know how you have to "do what is right" sometimes even though it may not be what we would like. Remember that things come back at us in mysterious ways. I am so sorry for the loss of your father, it sounds as though you had a great relationship with him.

Welcome to the CAC! Great history on that 79 thanks for sharing it with us. Cars are always cooler when they have a good story to go with them......glad to have you aboard.....

That is a great looking '79! My dad has a '69 and calls it my inheritance because we also restored it together when I was a kid. I am sorry for your loss! There are great people on this forum with insane knowledge to help you with whatever projects you may decide to do. Welcome! :w

Kelly J. -Chevrolet Customer Care

Welcome to the CAC!! Great looking toys!!

-Mac

Welcome aboard Crowe!! Great looking cars you have there. My love of Corvettes also started with my Dad.
Although we never owned one when I was growing up, my Dad had a friend that came over to our house with a
brand new 69 vert. I was 12 at the time and instantly fell in love with Corvettes.

Thanks for sharing your story.:thumb

Great car, great story.

Thanks all appreciate the kind words and welcomes as well. Def be asking more ?s in future as I begin to do a few things.

welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!!
great story!!!!really sharp looking machines!!!

:welcome :w

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your vette owership too

New Member from TN.

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER we're very glad you've joined us :happyanim:You have a classic to be proud of and a really cool story with it . . . . . Stay in touch and there are a lot of really smart people on this site ready and willing to help any way they can.
The members and staff of this site are the BEST of the BEST :_rock

Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom