Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Member in Canada

Mikfa

Corvette
'99 Pewter Convertible
:w Hey, folks, Mike here. After waiting for 30+ yrs, I finally got my first Vette last June, a super clean '99 pewter convertible.What a summer it was. I've been hooked since I was a young kid. Gotta admit I'm a tad grumpy right now waiting for spring to arrive. This site is great therapy for me as I struggle through what seems like an ice age. :eek:hnoes

Mike, welcome to the :CAC and congrats on the new ride:beer Verts are always alot of fun, I know you will enjoy it:upthumbs This is a great site with a lot of knowledgeable folks willing to share, so you will find it very helpful:)
I noticed you are a NDT Technician:) Most people don't know what that is when you tell them, I'm sure:L I am a Level III in Radiography and Liquid Penetrant Inspection, so I noticed right quick when I saw your profile:beer Anyway, good to have you here:w

Welcome aboard, Mikfa! I've been to Pile O' Bones but that was about 20 years ago... Mind you, it was an extended visit (like 6 months long) and I seem to remember wearing scarlet frequently.

-Mac

Welcome to the CAC forum Mike. :w

Thanks everybody. I'm definitely enjoying the vert. Lots of sunshine in the summer to get quality seat time. As for my job, I'm a level II Ultrasonic tech at a pipe manufacturing facility here on the Prairies. Been to Pile O' Bones celebrations myself a few times. Thanks for the welcome. Ezmunie, do you do field work or manufacturing? I've dabbled in radiography a bit over the last 20 years, but don't have my qualifications.

Thanks everybody. I'm definitely enjoying the vert. Lots of sunshine in the summer to get quality seat time. As for my job, I'm a level II Ultrasonic tech at a pipe manufacturing facility here on the Prairies. Been to Pile O' Bones celebrations myself a few times. Thanks for the welcome. Ezmunie, do you do field work or manufacturing? I've dabbled in radiography a bit over the last 20 years, but don't have my qualifications.

Hey Mike, I work in manufacturing also. I've been at an aluminum casting foundry for the last 32 years. As a matter of fact, we did the R & D and made the first blocks for the ZR-1 (LT5) that were sold to Mercury Marine in Stillwater, OK. back in the day:beer The only ultrasonic work we do here is just thickness measurement, no flaw detection. Keep enjoying that vert and it will be warm enough to put the top down soon:w

:SteerThanks XLR8. I looked specifically for that color combination. Kinda fond of it. I like your choice also. There are a couple of those in my area. They look extra sharp under some lighting conditions. Ezmunie, that means you took part in a pretty important part of Corvette history. Niiice. There are a couple of low mileage C4 ZR-1’s around here. I look forward to seeing them each summer. Mostly at shows, though. Thanks again, everyone. :beer

welcome to CAC!!!
enjoy!!!:welcome

Welcome and congratulations on becoming a Vette owner, you will never ever be the same again, you are bitten with the Corvette bug!

Bill

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

Welcome MIkfa; glad you have joined us.

Bill :w

Welcome Mike

Welcome to CAC, my name is Mike also. And I had to wait a few years to get my first Vette. It is coming up on two years since I got a 2000 Vert and if you enjoy yours half as much as I do, you will never get the smile off of your face when you are driving it. Enjoy the people around here they are a great bunch and there is a wealth of information available. I have been able to find the answer to a lot of questions.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom