Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member looking and need help 69.

Needa69

Hi my name is gavin and at one point in my life I owned a 1969-nom-corvette convertable and sold it for 4500 back in 1990 (as i kick myself in the #^*) but I am back and want to purchase another 1969 convertable but with origianl numbers. I did alot of research on it lately but I am still stuck on one thing. If any on can help me with this I would be very appreciative. The engine pad or code. I get the engine suffix ID number, its the letters and numbers that come before the suffix. I see some have TO and some have a VO (question; is the VO a factory replaced block). I would like to read up on this if any one has a web site or a book I can read on this. Main question how do you know if the stamps are real or fake. I was told be a close friend that they are very easy to stamp any number they want on the block. I dont want to spend 25k to find out I have be robbed.

Needa little help for a 1969 convertable

Hello and welcome to the Corvette Action Center....Hope you find that right C-3 again. Good Luck.

Needa69,

Welcome to the :CAC Good luck with your search for the right Corvette. I'm afraid I can't answer your questions, but you may have luck if you post a thread with them in the C3 section here.

:w Jane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!hope find the 69 vette of your dreams....enjoy the forums!!!

welcome to the CAC!

Can't answer many of your questions but TO is for the Tonowonda engine plant. Don't know how long the Flint plant produced sb's but those blocks start with F.

As for forgery, forget it. You (nor many judges) have the expertise to identify a truly well faked block. It used to be that you could tell a fake by the broaching marks on the pad/deck. The fakes had swirls whereas the factory used a broach (described to me as long knife) which was drawn longitudinally over the block - and that produced lines instead of swirls. Forget about that disctinction today.

I have two C2s which were sold to me as "# match". Yeah, right.

Forget # match, it is a sentence to the hell of perpetual doubt.

Hello and welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER Needa69. Good luck on your search and enjoy the forums.

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom