Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New member of the C5 family

Blu ByU

Corvette
'04 CE LeMans Blue Coupe, 1978 Pace Car
Finally found what I've been looking for! 2004 CE Coup with 17K miles on the clock. Glad to join you guys! Can ya tell I like blue Vettes? So, what should my first mod be?:w

Grads on the new addition to the family.......nice looking. Blue is the best color........

First mod = Intake and exhaust......you will be amazed at the difference.

:beer :w

Thanks! My neighbor up the street just sold me his Corsa cat-back system, can't wait to get them on.

Blu ByU said:
..... So, what should my first mod be?:w

A couple of my C5/C6 cup holders. ;LOL

Congrats on the CE, I just love that color. If you want to play an IPOD, XM Radio, etc. through your stero system, you may want to check out the mod I put in my 99: http://webpages.charter.net/ggwright/ipodinst.htm

I have Borla's, and your Corsa's will sound great too.
Again, congrats on the new ride - look sharp! Now get in it and met us in Bowling Green next week for the CAC CruiseFest. ;)

:w
Guy

Oh, that color combination looks great! :m
Welcome to the C5 section.
I'll second Guy on the CruiseFest motion.

Tammy :w

Blu ByU said:
Finally found what I've been looking for! 2004 CE Coup with 17K miles on the clock. Glad to join you guys! Can ya tell I like blue Vettes? So, what should my first mod be?:w

Your new car is just gorgeous...congratulations!!!! You'll love it.:_rock

Can you tell I like blue Vettes, too?!:D

Elaine

Blu ByU said:
Oh man, that's a beautiful color. One of my favorites! Congrats!

Congrats on your new Corvette! Glad everything worked out for you.

I like the '04 CE and love that LeMans blue. I've often thought if anything can make me buy an un-red Vette it will be an '04 CE convertible in LeMans Blue.

Beautiful!

attachment.php

:w Jane Ann

Huge congrats Kelly!:upthumbs

I agree with the first suggestion - exhaust + intake.

I installed a Corsa Touring w/ Tiger Shark tips with a Bassani X-pipe about two weeks ago. Then I installed a Blackwing yesterday. The combination of the three make fow a much smoother runner.

From all of the first-hand reports I've heard, the Borla and Corsa x-pipes will not cure any popping because they aren't true X-pipes; the pipes just kiss in the middle. The Bassani and others that have a true X chamber resulted in absolutely no popping for me.

Enjoy that ride. And by the way, what better way to celebrate your new addition than a quick trip to Bowling Green to join us all next weekend:D.

Sweet car, enjoy the CE. The Le Mans Blue turns alot of heads.

Save the Wave!

Mike

Excellent Find, Blu! Congratulations and welcome to the C5 family!

Eric is absolutely right- air intake and exhaust are the first things to do. Help those horsies breath!

-Patrick

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, and the advice! I've been reading up on the Corsa exhaust, I'm a bit worried about the popping and "speedboat" comments I've been seeing. I'll get them installed and see what I think, then maybe I'll go with that Bassani X pipe Eric mentioned. As far as intakes, I've been looking at a Ram Air Intake with K&N filters, any opinions there?

Thanks,
Kelly

Congrats man,first thing I did was fill in the corvette letters front and back with stop light red vinal letters from ecklers,its what they should have done at the factory! Welcome man and good luck with it always!

Congrats! I really like that color too. I would have picked it out as a new car. I bought used, so got what ever color had the options I wanted. By the way, I think before I would add any exterior mods, decide on a color scheme and stick with it. I chose chrome to go with my silver. I may eventually change my tail lights to be clear, and have toyed with the idea of using mirrored film over them. I don't know if I can find these parts just yet, but I like innovation. -Ron

jrose7004 said:
You're gonna like that C5!:upthumbs

Blu, don't believe him!!!!! You won't like the C5.

YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!!

Have you stayed up all night looking at it yet???? I did when I first got mine!
Congrads man, enjoy every mile with it!!!

Thanks guys! Just an update - got the Corsas put on (big thanks to my neighbor and his car lift!) and I absolutely love them! They sound just right, and I'm not getting any popping at all, or the motorboat sound I've heard so much about. Just a nice rumble at idle, nice and smooth cruising, and a deep roar when I get on it. I love 'em!

Patrick said:
Excellent Find, Blu! Congratulations and welcome to the C5 family!

Eric is absolutely right- air intake and exhaust are the first things to do. Help those horsies breath!

-Patrick

Yes and don't forget the tail light seals:D
6591Taillight_sealed-med.JPG

6591Close-up-med.JPG

6591applied_seal-med.JPG

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom