Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! New MSD, Starts and Dies...

PLRX

I posted this on the Cf and DC.

I installed new shorty headers, new O2 sensors, new MSD Pro-Billet Optic Distributor, new MSD Blaster Coil, new MSD wires and new OEM AC plugs.

The Vette started right away and lasted 2 seconds, tried again, lasted 2-3 seconds, again, 3 seconds. I tried a fourth time and this one lasted a bit longer. The idle was a "perfect" idle, no shaking, no misfiring
confused5.gif

I checked all connections, all are ok, all breathers and vacuums are plugged so, I decided to stop, disconnected the battery and wrapped it for the night.

Any toughts or ideas, what the heck may be wrong?

Full Story

I have also recently installed all these mods, but not the msd coil, just a thought, try the old coil with your setup.
I have replaced by 02 sensors with Bosch ones, the connections were different than OEM, what O2 sensors have you installed and are they connected ok.

Check fuel pressure.

I posted this on the Cf and DC.

I installed new shorty headers, new O2 sensors, new MSD Pro-Billet Optic Distributor, new MSD Blaster Coil, new MSD wires and new OEM AC plugs.

The Vette started right away and lasted 2 seconds, tried again, lasted 2-3 seconds, again, 3 seconds. I tried a fourth time and this one lasted a bit longer. The idle was a "perfect" idle, no shaking, no misfiring
confused5.gif

I checked all connections, all are ok, all breathers and vacuums are plugged so, I decided to stop, disconnected the battery and wrapped it for the night.

Any toughts or ideas, what the heck may be wrong?

Full Story

Have you checked the fuel pressure? I installed a Street Fire MSD on my 1990 Jeep and it ran great but I had to install a fuel regulator for my new Weber carb. to pass emissions.

Have you checked the fuel pressure? I installed a Street Fire MSD on my 1990 Jeep and it ran great but I had to install a fuel regulator for my new Weber carb. to pass emissions.

SailOn4, you most likely won't get a response from the original poster on this one due to the threads age. Thanks for your contribution though. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom