Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New owner 1990 #50 any info?

Gaymond Lee

Corvette
1990 Steel Blue #50
I wanted to thank everyone from all the info on this site and links. I've been lurking for a few months and ended buying this from North Star Corvettes in Mtn View on Friday and will be towing it home on Monday. This is the same car listed in post #5 & 24 on the for sale thread. Does anyone know this car? My understanding is that this has been for sale for years because of the initial high asking price but that quite a few people have seen it and decided not to buy.

It is an aerobody roadster 6sp. I owned a '90 roadster auto from '95-'99 and in spite of it breaking down all the time (3 alternators and injectors in 30k miles) I have loved Vettes for as long as I can remember and am back to take more abuse ; )

congratulations with your new baby,

I think I already know which car it is but still I would like to see pictures :D

there are many guys picture addicted overhere :upthumbs

Oh man... I checked those "for sale" posts. So it's a 1990 Steel Blue aerobody?? You DEFINITELY need to post some pictures, it must be a gorgeous car!

I wanted to thank everyone from all the info on this site and links. I've been lurking for a few months and ended buying this from North Star Corvettes in Mtn View on Friday and will be towing it home on Monday. This is the same car listed in post #5 & 24 on the for sale thread. Does anyone know this car? My understanding is that this has been for sale for years because of the initial high asking price but that quite a few people have seen it and decided not to buy.

It is an aerobody roadster 6sp. I owned a '90 roadster auto from '95-'99 and in spite of it breaking down all the time (3 alternators and injectors in 30k miles) I have loved Vettes for as long as I can remember and am back to take more abuse ; )

welcome, Welcome, WELCOME! :cool

I recognized your name from many ebay car bids over the past year or two... Good deal on finally getting one of these amazing cars, joining us in the ranks of ownership :cool

Re: your car - I know Turbo Luigi looked at the car and I think Jonstr did as well - in fact, Jonstr looked at it recently, before buying his Speedster last month :upthumbs

Here are a few links w/ your car as the subject - I hope this helps and again, Welcome :beer

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57590&highlight=steel+blue

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56706&highlight=steel+blue

Welcome Gaymond! That's what is fun about this forum, always finding new owners that want to forum together. It also seems that the "stored units" are finding good homes now! That is an awesome color.

I think I may have looked at that car. This is the one with the rare Kool-Off windshield, right? If so, I think you can find a photo of the car here.

That is a beautiful car, and I absolutely love that Steel Blue color. As I recall the car had great documentation with it as well.

Congratulations and enjoy! Please post a few more photos also.

I think I may have looked at that car. This is the one with the rare Kool-Off windshield, right? If so, I think you can find a photo of the car here.

That is a beautiful car, and I absolutely love that Steel Blue color. As I recall the car had great documentation with it as well.

Congratulations and enjoy! Please post a few more photos also.

Yes, that is the car. I just made it home safely and the first thing I check is to check for replies to this thread : )

Welcome on the Callaway forum Gaymond.
Very nice looking Callaway on the picture's, sure like to see some more ;)
Enjoy!

Groeten Peter.

Welcome Gaymond & Congrats on the Callaway!! I thought about looking at that car but the $$$$$ and distance slowed me up. LOL Like Hawaii was closer! Great looking car Enjoy! Ike

Here are some pics after arriving home from Mountain View. It rained on the car on the drive home so it is filthy. I probably need to find a shop to make sure everything is 100% as the clutch seems really soft and the car does hesitate and doesn't seem that quick. Does anyone have recommendations for a shop in LA County?

very nice pictures , only a bit small :)

can you send me a BIG picture on my email please
jeroenvgfn at hotmail dot com

I would like to put it as a wallpaper. I will keep the speedster from Jonstr on for 1 week and then its time to change again.

very nice car,

hello and welcome....i am a new member to this wonderful group of owners as well. i recently bought 1990 callaway #10. your blue color is wonderful. enjoy your car. if your ever in seattle or the the area....let me know. ill buy dinner. chris

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom