Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Paint!

Curious George

Corvette
'92 Red Convertible / '99 Red Convertible
My '92 is in the shop now getting painted! I bought it in fair shape and put off the paint job for as long as I could stand it. The original color is "Bright Red" and it is being repainted the same. I went by and saw it today all ready to be painted. They are going to start shooting it tomorrow and it will be complete next week. Who hoo.

CG

My '92 is in the shop now getting painted! I bought it in fair shape and put off the paint job for as long as I could stand it. The original color is "Bright Red" and it is being repainted the same. I went by and saw it today all ready to be painted. They are going to start shooting it tomorrow and it will be complete next week. Who hoo.

CG

THINKING OF PAINTING MINE. :beerSEE MY THREAD "TO PAINT OR NOT TO PAINT"
HOW MUCH? AND WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY DOING? STEP BY STEP. THX:cool:w

Sweeeeeet!!!:thumb Its going to be sooo nice to have a new paint job. If the rest of the car is clean on the outside, it will look like a NEW Vette!:thumb You gotta get good pictures when she's done!:thumb

Just out of curiosity, how much do they charge now for a good paintjob for a Vette?:cool

THINKING OF PAINTING MINE. :beerSEE MY THREAD "TO PAINT OR NOT TO PAINT"
HOW MUCH? AND WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY DOING? STEP BY STEP. THX:cool:w
I live in central Florida and there is a place called D&G in Longwood that is doing the work. They specialize in Corvettes and other specialty type cars. I am getting the entire car painted (convertible). They have taken the front clip off, door handles, side view mirrors, tail lights, wheel wells, turn signal lights, fuel door, power antenna, etc. They also did some very minor body work to prepare it for the paint. I anticipate an excellent job because I have seen some of their work. They have been around for many years. Initially, I was quoted $2500, but I told him I was very particular and to take his time and do an extra good job. I also asked him to put an extra coat of clear, on it too, for extra durability. He did not say how much extra I would be paying, but it will be worth it.

CG

. Initially, I was quoted $2500, but I told him I was very particular and to take his time and do an extra good job. I also asked him to put an extra coat of clear, on it too, for extra durability. He did not say how much extra I would be paying, but it will be worth it.

CG[/QUOTE]

THAT I CAN DEAL WITH!:thumb:cool NOT $10,000.00:mad. POST PICS OF THE NEW VETTE;) I WILL CHECK OUT MORE BODY SHOPS AROUND THE AREA OVER THE WEEKEND:thumb YOU GOT ME PUMPED :thumb THX:cool:w

The new paint job. These pictures do not do it justice. I'll try and take more pictures with less shadowing and brighter sunlight. In addition to the paint, I put on new gas lid and nose emblems too. I replaced the top about two years ago.

CG

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3800761/1
RideEditPage.aspx

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! That looks great, I know you said the pics dont do justice but WOW!

Were you satisfied with the job? Did they do the door jams and other hidden painted areas?

Keep her clean!:cool

Looks good, I had mine painted by MAACO $899.
DSCF5231.jpg

Just goes to show you you don't need to spend $10,000 on paint:mad

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! That looks great, I know you said the pics dont do justice but WOW!

Were you satisfied with the job? Did they do the door jams and other hidden painted areas?

Keep her clean!:cool

For the most part I am satisfied. Of course nothing is like a factory paint job and you have to accept this fact going in. I wish they had taken more time and effort to paint below the "door molding" area, there is some orange peel and the clear coat is not as even as the more visible surfaces.

They matched the paint to the door jamb, but did not paint "into" the door jamb too far. The front bumper was removed as well as the rear deck lid that pops up to hide the convertible top. They also removed the door handles and side view mirrors.

Acrylic urethane paint w/ 4 coats of clear.

CG

Well, I dont know if you know this by all Vettes have a slight orange peel paint job. If you look closely even the brand new ones! Sounds like you got more than your moneys worth at least! Now go and enjoy your fresh new Vette!

thats a real good price for a paint job.. for high end paint I would guess all materials included, would be easily in the $2000.00 range.. color red is expensive. the time involved in masking, cutting and buffing. yea thats a good price..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom