Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Paint

dracor1117

Corvette
79 Black Cherry T-top
Let's see if this works. Still relatively new to the CAC so I'm trying to figure out how to post pics and such. Love the place and all the info I've already soaked up, and especially the members help.
Had my '79 painted two weeks ago at that great american institute... Earl Scheib. Many of the body flaws show through, but the car is at least shiny now. A true 10 footer instead of a 50 footer. If it works, here's some pics.

Very nice !!

:w
-Stefan

I caught them with a sale going on. Their PRO 4 is usually $719 plus and I got it at $424 out the door. Well worth it to me with a six year warranty, since it'll be at least that long before I'm ready to put the real paint on it.

Nothing wrong with that paint job. Did you do your own prep work or did they do it?

Dave

I let them do it. It was a last minute decision when I saw the add and only had three days to get on it. I was surprised that I didn't have any problems getting my wife to let me do it. She looks at it as a protective measure for an investment... I look at it as it's now mo purty.

That's a huge bang for the buck. Considering what a typical paint job runs you're doing real well....and a warranty. You should buy yourself something else just to celebrate the huge amount of money you saved.

Hey that looks great! I didn't know old Earl was still around, back in 65 and 66 he used to offer a paint job for $29.95. Damn inflation got him too!!!
Back then he'd paint the chrome bumpers and all same color as the car, no extra charge! HA!

Looks like they've gotten allot better, I think you made a good move.

Congratulations on a nice looking car.

Bill

Zixxer said:
That's a huge bang for the buck. Considering what a typical paint job runs you're doing real well....and a warranty. You should buy yourself something else just to celebrate the huge amount of money you saved.

I tried that with my wife... I got the look... I think I'll wait another month or so before I try that again.

look very nice!!!!!
If your happy with it,were happy with it!!!!!:upthumbs

bill........:w

It's a new color, the car was originally black. When I get to the point where I'm ready to splash some real paint, I'm planning on making this a secondary color underneath the black.

I would love to bring her to the Cruisefest... and Carlisle... and anywhere else I could get away with. Unfortunately my employer can be rather picky about when and how much time I take off... I will make it one day, but not this year.

dracor1117 said:
Let's see if this works. Still relatively new to the CAC so I'm trying to figure out how to post pics and such. Love the place and all the info I've already soaked up, and especially the members help.
Had my '79 painted two weeks ago at that great american institute... Earl Scheib. Many of the body flaws show through, but the car is at least shiny now. A true 10 footer instead of a 50 footer. If it works, here's some pics.

LOOKS GREAT!:upthumbs

PAINT JOB

dracor1117 said:

Hello, what the SCHEIB get you for the NICE paint job? , What color is it?

Thanks rick

For under 500 bucks and to get the whole car painted ya cant beat it for now. My new Air Cleaner cost over 300 bucks!!!!!:duh I remember way back when my neighbor got his 63 Impala painted for @ 30 bucks....in Purple!!

Anthony

I just happened to catch them with a sale. The regular price was $719. It costs almost $60 just to fill the tank anymore!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom