Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Project

61 Silver

Corvette
1961 270HP and 1963 340HP
I haven't posted in quite awhile, I have been quite busy. My 63 SWC NCRS Top Flighted the first time out. When they handed me the blue ribbon, I passed it on with the keys to the new owner. I had just completed a trade for my next project, a 1961 Fuelie. I have been looking for a project for years and finally found the one I wanted. I have always wanted an early fuelie and the color is the same as my first Corvette, a 1962 Fawn Beige - Fawn Beige. I am back in the shop again and having a great time.

Ray

DSC01692.JPG

DSC01693.JPG

DSC01688.JPG

Ray is at it again.... that means another Corvette will be restored to A1 perfect condition and will be beautiful - Just as we have come to expect when it rolls out of Ray's garage! :)

Can't wait to see the progress pics Ray.

So what are your plans? It looks pretty nice already.

Tom

So what are your plans? It looks pretty nice already.

Tom

Hi! Tom

Like any old Corvette, looks are pretty deceiving. The paint is a 5 out of 10 and the previous owner had removed the body, but did a poor job on the frame paint and shimming the gaps when it was dropped. None of the bushing had been replaced and all the steel componets need sand blasting and painting. (One of the fun part of the restoration for me is searching for the correct parts.( It will be a great Corvette at Carlisle this year). This will be a keeper and I plan on a detailed restoration.

I am in need of an early fuelie 461 head with the flat humps and a date coded protraction differential, the housing is correct with the vent , but someone replaced it with a non possi rear end.

There is numerous amount of incorrect parts, date codes and assembly methods that will be corrected.

Ray

Hi Ray,

Guess you finally found your dream car, a 61 fuelly. I know you have been looking for one for a while.

Congrats on the top flight also for the SWC.

You just roll from one resto project to the next, God bless you.

Enjoy and post plenty of pics!

Regards,
Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom