Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Supercharger build... Out with the old!!!

S

SideStep

FINALLY started the process... Getting SDPC 383 short-block in two weeks! Heads and cam just got here.

Pulling factory engine...

enginepull.JPG

Engine bay needs some love...

enginebay.JPG

Old short-block...

enginestand.JPG

:cheers:

Wow- that IS a project! Great pic! Either you have some guy friends helping or you must have a great woman to stand there and take pictures like that.
:L

Post links! I'm curious about your project!
:)

I've always suffered from mild paranoia where I'd end up with "extra" parts once I put it all back together. I've done several engine swaps, EFI/TPI retrofits, tranny swaps, etc.- never had "left over" parts (like "hey- was this bolt important?")... but there is a first time for everything!
:eek:hnoes

Nah... doing it all solo, had wife come out and take a few quick pics...

Just got the heads in!!! Cam will be here Monday..

I am going with Patriot Performance LQ9s (6.0L) Stage II heads with 72cc chambers, 2.055 intake valves, CNC'd runners, and Dual Gold springs... Trying to make as much power NA as I can (keeping compression to 10 to 1)... then throw about 7#s on it...

LQ9s.JPG

OMG, you had a FRAM oil filter on there? :D

OMG, you had a FRAM oil filter on there? :D

Yupper...;)

My oil never goes more than 3000 miles... so it never was an issue. Tons of "filter" tech over at LS1tech...

Just got cam delivered!!! Still two weeks out on short-block... I am going to rebuild the TQ Tube in the mean time. I will post pics of the TQ Tube disassembled...

:beer

LOL... I am over the peak HP craze ;)

I am trying for 500rwtq (SAE) by 2500rpm, that is my goal. I had the ATI (A&A) kit and made 520/470 but it was all up top in the rpm range... trying to get away from that kind of peak driven HP/TQ... That is why I am doing the forged 383 with a postive displacement supercharger...

:beer

Got Torque-Tube, Trans, Rear-end, and rear-cross member all reinstalled and cleaned up. New short-block due the 10th of Sept......getting close!!!

:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes:eek:hnoes

Are you going to keep the factory engine as a spare?

You're not doing the engine change in the living room are you? That's one of the nicest garages I've seen. Mine just has gypsum board and crap hanging on all the walls. - Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom