Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Vette Owner, New CAC member

obidonkenobe

Corvette
2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Corvette Convertible
Hello All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Daytona Sunset Orange Convertible Corvette! I have been checking out the different Corvette forums and this one seemed to have a lot of activity and a lot of great information.

That being said I am looking forward to learning from you all.

My first question is something I am reading mixed messages about, it has to do with the cleaning and detailing of the car....

1) Do you take your cars to get them detailed or do you avoid that because of the cleaners and materials you use

2) There is a spot on the top of the corvette where the delivery driver got some dirt (possibly grease) on the top. Any suggestions as to how to approach this

3) What do you use to clean the leather, dash, glass etc in the inside of the car.
Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your time!

Roadster's Rule...

...welcome to the :CAC

I clean my own Vette, RaggTopp is a great product for cleaning and caring for the top your convertible.

rtp.gif

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=Raggtopp&spell=1

Post a few pictures of your Roadster when ya have sometime! :w

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

ObiDon,
I see this is your first post on the CAC, so first of all let me welcome you to :CAC

Congratulations on your acquisition. The Friday before last, I took delivery of a 2006 Black Convertible. Couldn't be happier!

So, to your questions...

1) Do you take your cars to get them detailed or do you avoid that because of the cleaners and materials you use

2) There is a spot on the top of the corvette where the delivery driver got some dirt (possibly grease) on the top. Any suggestions as to how to approach this

3) What do you use to clean the leather, dash, glass etc in the inside of the car.
Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your time!

1) I always wash my Corvette. Been like that since I purchased my first Corvette many years ago. Besides the fact that I am a bit hard to please when someone else washes a car of mine, I find that spending the time myself to wash it amounts to some quality "zen" time between myself and the Vette.

2) Sounds like your Vette may have been on the bottom level on the delivery truck, and something from up above may have dribbled on her. Have you tried getting some RaggTopp cleaner? Most auto parts stores will carry it, and it does work pretty well.

3) For the leather interior, I use Zaino leather cleaner, but Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner works quite well, too, and may be easier to find (any ACE Hardware store will have some). You will get all kinds of opinions on glass cleaners and dash cleaners, and my only advice would be to avoid glass cleaners with ammonia, and dash cleaners with silicon.

Hope this helps, and please post pics of your new ride when you get a chance!

:w
-Patrick

Thanks for the tips! I am really excited about this. The car was actually on the top rack of a closed transport. I really think it was a dirty hand that caused the mark, but I am happy to know the RaggTop will clean it. When i went to the website to read about RaggTopp it shows two separate cleaners, one for vinyl and one for cloth? Which one do I want. GM says they use both on the Vettes?

Here are a few photos that I took last night on Day 1 of vette ownership....
http://homepage.mac.com/donhenderson/2006Corvette/

Thanks again for your help!
Don

Congratulations and welcome.

Nice vette! :upthumbs

Welcome to the :CAC Obidonkenobe

Nice ride.

Hecox

Congratulations and welcome to the Corvette Action Center!!! As you can see, I'm quite partial to those Daytona Sunset Orange convertibles! :)

Elaine

P.S. Use RagTopp for cloth.

Congrats and welcome to the world of drop tops!!! You'll have a blast with it!!

As for cleaning/detailing I do my own.

You can also try Dawn dishwashing detergent on the top. Put a drop on your fingertip and rub it in on the wet top. You may have to do this a couple times to get the spot out.

2002936755729962090_fs.jpg

2002936755729962090_th.jpg

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcomes and your advice. This is a very active forum and I will say it again. Looking forward to getting to know you all and learn more about my new ride!

Don

Hi Don,

It's so nice to see you here!!! Again, congratulations on a gorgeous Daytona!! :)

Elaine

Don's DSOM!

Welcome to the site,Don! It sounds like you got the spot covered! Since you have a 'vert, you'll have problems getting the windshield clean. Because of the swirling air and steep angle, it's impossible to get the corners clean! Check www.griotsgarage.com and check part # 90247.

Nice color!

Be sure to:w

DSOM

Hey, just wanted to say welcome to the CAC and congratulations on the car!
Great color choice (I agree with Norty on that). Nice looking Vert!
Gersh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom