Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

New Z06 owner

bob02Z06

Corvette
2002 Millennium Yellow Z06
Hey everyone!

I purchased a 2002 Z06 in May. And I really love it.
I found the Corvette Action Center because I was looking for a forum for my best friend's 1972 Pontiac Ventura II, because he is trying find some proper motor mounts to fit a 1979 Chevrolet 350 into it.:cool!:

Anyways On to the story of me and my cars. :eyerole

I started off with a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix, I was the third owner, my dad's coworker was the original owner and wrecked, still had a clean title despite the frame damage, he fixed it up sold it to my dad. I got it as 16th birthday gift, and I got rid of all the stains in the interior, I loved the car despite all of the issues it had, such as leaking oil, leaking passenger door, leaky taillights, alignment issues, windows did not roll down, and my skeeter 1 speed a/c control to bypass the crappy computer. Sadly, The radiator developed a hole and the radio went out and needed a new reliable car and I sold it for $800 in July 2010. it had 189,000miles.

After ridding myself of my beloved Pontiac I was wanting to get a Chevrolet Colorado, but did not have the money, so I was looking for an S-10. My dad told me he would co-sign a loan, but it had to be a Mustang. So I was excited about getting a "sports" car. I got a red w/ white stripes 2007 V6 Mustang, at least it was a 5spd. My dad had to test drive it cause I had no clue how to drive manual. :BDH t was just as quick as my Pontiac minus the handling, but I got some weird Mustang fever and had to "Mod" it. I put 19 deep dish chrome wheels on it, dual exhaust, fog lights. I learned how to drive good in it though, but I wanted more power. Eventually, my tranny started slipping bad and it developed a weird noise. Do not buy them for sports car use! I sold it for $9000 with 76,000 miles. PS: I learned manual on it, blame the driver not the car.

What made me decide to sell my Mustang and buy a corvette? Beer. Lots of it. And seeing my Z06 on Craigslist while drunk made me fall in love :beer
So I went over to look at my vette, it was the best vehicle I ever drove. It only had 34,500 miles! Plus the transmission is smooth! My Vette is a 2002 Z06 405hp, factory lowered, according to another vette owner, I recently put on DBA 4000sx rotors with Adaptive One pads.

Do not regret getting a Vette, I love it so much, just wish I had more money to get a SCCA license. :D
PS: I am not going to put a bunch a "mods", rice, on my Vette like I did my Mustang. I just want to get into track racing someday!

Last edited:
Congrats on your Vette - Welcome to the CAC...

:w

TTIWWP.gif

:lou

Welcome Aboard

New Z06 owner
Hey everyone!

I purchased a 2002 Z06 in May. And I really love it.
I found the Corvette Action Center because I was looking for a forum for my best friend's 1972 Pontiac Ventura II, because he is trying find some proper motor mounts to fit a 1979 Chevrolet 350 into it​

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER we're glad you've joined us :happyanim:

-Bill :w

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy

Welcome to the CAC, "bob02Z06" and...welcome to the C6 Z06 owners' community.

Great story and Congrats on the Z06.
Welcome to the CAC.

-JS

Welcome aboard!!

I'm sure you will sort out how to drive a standard if you put your mind to it!!

Mac

Welcome, Z06 owner! I became one as well fall of last year. LOVE my Z06! Fantastic car no matter what the year!

Hey guys thanks for the comments. Sorry for the long wait time on the reply. My computer died, a month later I got another one and I just now remember about this website! Sorry! Update: I have taken my car drag racing and autocross. Its so fun! I put on new brake discs and new Moog tie rods, I painted those red to match my brakes.
Sorry about not having photos943231_651078431584542_1633591592_n.jpg1208891_628606880507570_1576346373_n.jpg969714_587983894569869_1059829900_n.jpg945676_573155406052718_243679317_n.jpg1013698_595778830457042_1877699098_n.jpg1175747_634750326559892_1224390947_n.jpg

Welcome to Corvette Action Center

In the event I didn't before WELCOME ABOARD, we're glad you've joned us :happyanim:Sounds like your having fun with the Vette, that's what it's all about :thumb

-Bill :w

Welcome and congrats on the C5 Z06...these cars do tend to put a grin on your face! :D

I'll second that :D a grin you can't wipe off either :eek:hnoes

-Bill

Hey guys thanks for the comments. Sorry for the long wait time on the reply. My computer died, a month later I got another one and I just now remember about this website! Sorry! Update: I have taken my car drag racing and autocross. Its so fun! I put on new brake discs and new Moog tie rods, I painted those red to match my brakes.
Sorry about not having photos

Well welcome back!

Congrats on your Z06! How's the driving experience been?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Well welcome back!

Congrats on your Z06! How's the driving experience been?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
The driving experience has been out of this world! I have a great appreciation and respect for the Z06, it is a whole different animal than any of my other cars! :beer My friend also pointed out that I always grin real big grin after accelerating. :D

The driving experience has been out of this world! I have a great appreciation and respect for the Z06, it is a whole different animal than any of my other cars! :beer My friend also pointed out that I always grin real big grin after accelerating. :D

That's awesome!

I'm happy that you're enjoying it. Keep those "permagrins" rolling!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom