Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie says Hi

T

thebeepster

Hi all:

Newbie here (to forum and Callaway ownership)...just purchased an '08 SC580 and live in the "hot country". I have owned 2 previous vettes (both auto verts) and this is my 1st MN6 coupe. Seems now I have re-discovered my youth. The new ride is a fascinating machine and I look forward to many miles of smiles!!

I notice the cruising (coolant) temp is 200-205. Is this normal? I'm old school and installed 160 deg ts in my 2 previous vettes that gave me 180-185 cruising temps here in FL. Would appreciate comments from members on this. I look forward to being a part of this group!!:beer

Welcome Beepster
Mine doesn't run that hot up here!! Good luck with the new ride and how about some pixs!!

Hey welcome aboard!

Ive logged a few hundred miles on an SC580 and your cruising temps are right in line with those that Ive seen. In traffic the car can run 230 degrees.

Lets see some pics!

Welcome to the forum. Did you purchase the silver one in that area? :beer

Welcome to the forum. Did you purchase the silver one in that area? :beer
Nope...it's a CRM coupe. I believe the silver one is in the Miami area...
Just picked her up yesterday and there is a hurricane on the way due Tue AM so I dont know when I will get pics to post...;shrug

Welcome. Sounds like a nice car. You can lower the temperature with a lower theremostat and adjustment in the computer to turn the fans on quicker. GM does not turn the fans on until above 220 degrees.

Nope...it's a CRM coupe. I believe the silver one is in the Miami area...
Just picked her up yesterday and there is a hurricane on the way due Tue AM so I dont know when I will get pics to post...;shrug

That is great that you bought the one that Dimmitt had in stock - It was great to meet with you when I was in Florida :cool

On my recent (20,000 mile) trip, I often say 215 degrees with times it hit 226 deg. in stop and go traffic. It quickly went down once I got the airflow moving and the car NEVER missed a beat :cool

Again, Congrats!!!!

For anyone else considering a new Callaway, the 2008 cars now have 0% financing on them and I can tell you that three other Callaways sold new this past weekend :eek

Jump in!! :w

Welcome. Sounds like a nice car. You can lower the temperature with a lower theremostat and adjustment in the computer to turn the fans on quicker. GM does not turn the fans on until above 220 degrees.

Fan programming is already addressed by Callaway in the PCM program :cool

Hi all:

Newbie here (to forum and Callaway ownership)...just purchased an '08 SC580 and live in the "hot country". I have owned 2 previous vettes (both auto verts) and this is my 1st MN6 coupe.
I look forward to being a part of this group!!:beer

very welcome to the CAC and COG. :upthumbs

pics please ;)

That is great that you bought the one that Dimmitt had in stock - It was great to meet with you when I was in Florida :cool

On my recent (20,000 mile) trip, I often say 215 degrees with times it hit 226 deg. in stop and go traffic. It quickly went down once I got the airflow moving and the car NEVER missed a beat :cool

Again, Congrats!!!!

For anyone else considering a new Callaway, the 2008 cars now have 0% financing on them and I can tell you that three other Callaways sold new this past weekend :eek

Jump in!! :w
89x2: Great meeting you too! Hope to catch up w/ you again soon...Am interested in adding the Callaway wheels as discussed during our visit. Please let me know when they are available.:beer

Welcome to the CAC and the COG! Congrats on the new Callaway, Beepster! The SC580 is beautiful and the CRM just makes it perfect!

Good luck with the approaching storm... batten down the hatches and let us hear from you as soon as you're able once it passes.

Enjoy the forum and the Callaway!
:wJane Ann

Hi all:

Newbie here (to forum and Callaway ownership)...just purchased an '08 SC580 and live in the "hot country". I have owned 2 previous vettes (both auto verts) and this is my 1st MN6 coupe. Seems now I have re-discovered my youth. The new ride is a fascinating machine and I look forward to many miles of smiles!!

I notice the cruising (coolant) temp is 200-205. Is this normal? I'm old school and installed 160 deg ts in my 2 previous vettes that gave me 180-185 cruising temps here in FL. Would appreciate comments from members on this. I look forward to being a part of this group!!:beer

Welcome to the group and Callaway ownership !! Keep her in the garage till this srtorm blows over !
I'm down here in Palm Beach, already getting really wet weather.

Here are a few pics taken yesterday. Car is fresh from the lot so the exterior goodies (racing spoiler, Z06 splash guards,etc.) will be added next week. Better run cause it's time to start battening down the hatches here...:beer

Here are a few pics taken yesterday. Car is fresh from the lot so the exterior goodies (racing spoiler, Z06 splash guards,etc.) will be added next week. Better run cause it's time to start battening down the hatches here...:beer

That color looks strong !! A real nice car, enjoy it when ever you get the chance...Life is way too short !

Hey thebeepster, Welcome to the COG!!, oh wait that's the other Callaway site. Welcome to the Corvette Action Center forum!! The color combo on your Callaway is YUMMY- nice choice. Lot's of info and fun to be had here. If you have ANY questions please ask, we all want to answer them. Please put as many miles on your Callaway as you possibly can. It will reward you!! ENJOY -Joe
:upthumbs

The car looks great! I always thought CRM was a lot lighter. I haven't seen it in person yet.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom