Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newbie With Question

B

beachrover

Hello to all. Obviously new to this board and looking forward to participating.
I have a '93 C4 that I am redoing the interior on. Seats and carpet already on order but I would like to get rid of the Bose system while I have the carpet out. Can anyone recommend a head unit that won't require any dash modifications?

Welcome to the CAC! I have an aftermarket CD player in my vette, but I know our interiors are a little different. Anything should fit as long as you get a dash kit from any electronics store I would think. The only problem you might have is with the factory speakers working with the headunit. I know my speakers have individual amps on each speaker. All I had to do is tie the amp wire into the amp output on the headunit and it all worked. Hopefully this helps a little.

Welcome to the CAC! I have an aftermarket CD player in my vette, but I know our interiors are a little different. Anything should fit as long as you get a dash kit from any electronics store I would think. The only problem you might have is with the factory speakers working with the headunit. I know my speakers have individual amps on each speaker. All I had to do is tie the amp wire into the amp output on the headunit and it all worked. Hopefully this helps a little.​

Thanks for the information. Used it and had new system installed today.

And the results were.....?

So...how did it work?

Welcom aboard, incidentally.

Bobby r...

I like your taste in Vettes, Man. :cool

So...how did it work?

Welcom aboard, incidentally.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. It worked great. I actually just bypassed all of the original equipment with a new head unit, amp & speakers. Thank you, good to be here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom