Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[NEWS] Cleveland: Franbacher Loles Racing race notes

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
From Motorsport.com:

Cleveland: Franbacher Loles Racing race notes

Racing series SCCA-WC
Date 2005-06-27[font=verdana,arial,helvetica]

Henzler disappointed in Cleveland

Farnbacher Loles Racing driver Wolf Henzler's racing weekend ended about 50 minutes too soon Sunday in Cleveland. Henzler's Applied Materials Porsche GT3 Cup started from the third spot on the grid for the Speed World Challenge GT race on the temporary airport circuit. The German driver had a good start and was holding third position going into the first turn. Tommy Archer, driving a Dodge Viper, made an overly-ambitious move to the inside of Wolf, hitting the Porsche on the right side and forcing Henzler into the second place Corvette of Lou Gigliotti. The resulting multi-car incident caused pole-sitter Max Papis to spin and forced many of drivers onto the grass. When the dust settled, most in the field were able to continue, but the damage to Henzler's Porsche was extensive and the car sat disabled on the inside grass until the finish.

Henzler's weekend started well when he posted the fastest time in the first practice session. "We had a very good set-up for this track. I felt comfortable in the car and I think we could have contended for the win here. I am very disappointed to have the race end like this. We were in third place in the points coming into this race and now we are in sixth. It is not impossible to win the championship now but there is no margin for error."

Team principal Gregory Loles summed it up. "The team worked hard getting the set-up right for this track and I believe we had an excellent shot here. Tommy's move essentially took the top three guys out of contention. At least Robin was able to get the win for Porsche and keep us near the lead for the manufacturer's title. I want to congratulate Robin and the entire Jon Groom team for an impressive win. He did a very good job of staying out of trouble in the first turn incident and drove a very smart race. All we can do now is get every point possible at the remaining races and hope that it is enough. With the next race being at Lime Rock, we should do well. It is a very technical course and suited to the Porsches. I think Wolf will like the track a lot."

-www.FarnbacherLoles.com

[/font]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom