Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Nice Day for a Drive in NJ

4WDVETTE

Corvette
1966 Coupe
Decided to take the 66 out for a drive in all this heat to see how things would go. No A/C so it was hot but, the temp never went past the 210 mark. I was out near Kid's place in case of a breakdown. Only problem I had was I got a call from a client and had to go to work. I'll take a 100 degree day driving the Vette over an air conditioned office anyday!

Steve

Not sure where you are but my family is down in LBI for the week (I am stuck in NY as work is extremely busy as we are having extremely hot weather)

But I spoke to them this morning and she said that yesterday was unbearable unless they sat at the edge of the water at the beach.

Me personally don't do well with the heat, the last thing I would think to do in this weather is to be out in a car with out a/c in it . So I commend you on your bravery.

4WDVETTE said:
Decided to take the 66 out for a drive in all this heat to see how things would go. No A/C so it was hot but, the temp never went past the 210 mark. I was out near Kid's place in case of a breakdown. Only problem I had was I got a call from a client and had to go to work. I'll take a 100 degree day driving the Vette over an air conditioned office anyday!

Steve

Drove the 65 over to Kid's in OC last Saturday. Man it was hot ..but I never went over 180*. Or should I say the motor didn't...:L

Worked on the Dewitts Dual Spal Fan install in his 66 BB for about an hour. Then we both quit...it was to hot. This week end he's bring down his portable A/C unit for the garage..Yeah man will be wrenchen in cool air..:D

IH2LOSE - I hear ya. I just needed to see how the old girl would do in the heat. If you are down in Surf City, stop in on 15th street. We are there most every weekend. Little red rancher on the corner at Central. You probably won't see the Vette as the wife needs wheels when we are down and the 66 is not for the timid.

Mark - A/C in the garage is the only way to go. With Kid's big bucks, you would think his garage would be central air with a fridge and smoking lounge. If all goes as planned, I think I will be doing the boardwalk show. I almost have Bonnie convinced to go down since there is beach time available. So, probably see you then.

Steve

If all goes as planned, I think I will be doing the boardwalk show. I almost have Bonnie convinced to go down since there is beach time available. So, probably see you then.

Steve

Cool..Look for you their.....:beer

Quote:

Mark - A/C in the garage is the only way to go. With Kid's big bucks, you would think his garage would be central air with a fridge and smoking lounge. If all goes as planned, I think I will be doing the boardwalk show. I almost have Bonnie convinced to go down since there is beach time available. So, probably see you then.

Steve

Well, my story is that I married well. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

You have my cellphone number so if you do need to make an emergency landing, give me a call. If we're home (or my son is home), we'll open the garage and put it inside. Always happy to help.

Hell, Mark has put up landing lights on his driveway JUST FOR ME so, if he can do that, I can also be accomodating.

BTW, VNV, got my load of Kuba Kuba's from my guy when I returned from Europe on Thursday. Ready to rock.

JL66REDCPE said:
are you guys going to be in oc or marks over the weekend ????

Kid is sometimes not excactly clear.. I plan on going over for a few hours this Saturday at his Mansion in OC. Not sure what this means below....

You have my cellphone number so if you do need to make an emergency landing, give me a call. If we're home (or my son is home), we'll open the garage and put it inside. Always happy to help.

Ok I assume that is for Steve...

So Kid ..I'm coming over Satuday Right..????:L

Are you planing to drop over John??

Parking......What Parking...!!!!

Just spoke to Kid.

He said the Island is Jaming...crowded..!!!!!!!! He's gonna call me tomorrow (Saturday Morning) to let me know if he can squeez me in the driveway. So..don't drive into OC tomorrow unless you check with him. The weather is going to be nice so the Island will be packed, and traffic up the Butt-ski...:ugh

As Kid would say...."what exit?"

Off the Parkway south it would be exit 36 I think to Ocean City New Joisey.. If that's what you mean..

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom