Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Nightmare at the dealership...

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
He told me they needed the service bay, the body shop was full and they didn' have any where to put it inside, so they put it in the show room.

Very impressive indeed - excellent!

Barb :w

Paul, it happened about 5 months ago...do you think it's too late to do anything?

You say the dealer tried to buff it out. An independent detailer buffed it out and it is still not right. I would start making contacts ASAP.

It seems the dealer acknowledges the fact that they caused the problem in the first place. Responsibility lies with them. GM does not like hearing about thier own dealerships who do not please the customer. Dealerships do not like getting reprimanded by GM for doing a poor job on service.

Anyways if you are not happy with the way it is right now it would not hurt to try to get the owner of the dealership, or GM involved in a proper repair.

You have nothing to lose, and better looking paint to gain. I say go for it. And let us know how it turns out.

Here is another idea for you. Contact your insurance company and make them aware. Tell them you don't really want to file a comp claim, but will if needed to get it done right. If the insurance company agrees this is a covered loss, chances are they would eventually write an estimate to repaint the car. In the process between then, they will be in contact with the dealer and urging the dealer to satisfy you up front so that you don't have to pay a deductible, and use the insurance. In the mean time, if you do get a covered claim to fix the car, the insurance company will subrogate (make collections) against the dealer. Usually that is far more expensive for them than just doing whatever it takes directly with you to make it look new again.

Good luck.

Once again, great advice...

I'm just concerned that it will never be the same i.e., scratches or even if it takes being repainted. I mean, I'm not thrilled with it now, but what if the repaint causes drips, orange peel, overspray, etc...? Just more aggrevation. Can't a new clear coat just be applied since it's really just the clear coat that's scratched? I don't believe it's down into the paint.

BTW, as far as the BARE comment...would you rather be a BEAR or BARE? Thought so, me too! I'm not really concerned for proper spelling, grammer and such when I'm posting or emailing online. Or if I happen to be using an ARCHAIC form of a word...

Handwritten or business matters are a totally different subjuct. Of course I'd make certain every t was crossed and i was dotted. Most people don't seem to care since it's such a spontaneous thing. I'll apologize to you all in advance for any further grammatical transgressions...I've taken my lashing but I personally just won't/don't let it bother me.

Thanks a bunch!

Now everybody strip down and give me 20! Hey, the devil made me do it!

:booty

You fir...no me firs....no you first!!!!:) :) :)

Please Don't take my comments as criticism!

The last person in the world to make a critical analysis of anyones typing or spelling prowess would be me!!! Nor was it my intention to give you a grammatical lashing. Sorry if that is how you took it!! I totally agree that these things are not a big deal on the internet!

Ken:
Lesley was not looking over my shoulder.. however she always says "Doesn't matter where you get your appetite! It's the restaurant you use that is important!!"
So, I'm not worried!

Re: Please Don't take my comments as criticism!

Tanzanite3 said:
"Doesn't matter where you get your appetite! It's the restaurant you use that is important!!"

:L Good one Glenn! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom