Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No 1LT being built have to go to 2 LT for allocation

Order was put in February 21 2022 for a 1LT,dealer called me yesterday and sad the have to move me to the 2LT,said 1LT are not going to be built for a long time.

That is wrong. 1LT which is the base trim package is not on constraint!

An order can be placed in the system at any time where it will sit at 1100 until the dealer receives allocation for that order. Once that happens, it will advance to 2000.

Just relaying what they told me the allocation was approved 2 weeks ago,called the concierge
So they're telling you that your order was placed with allocation two weeks ago but it's still sitting at 1100?

The order was placed in GM's Order Work Bench system on 2/21 with the 1LT trim package and it is sitting at 1100.

the 1LT trim package is not on constraint, nor has it been on constraint. Think it about it: the 2LT trim package is an upgraded trim package with additional features that includes everything that a 1LT trim package already has. So if there was a component of the 1LT trim package that was in short supply or not available to build a Corvette with the 1LT trim package - they wouldn't be building any Corvettes at all.

Now if they told you the 2LT trim package was on constraint - that would make sense.

The truth of the situation which your dealer isn't telling you, is that they didn't get any allocation to place your order with - therefore, you're not getting a 2022 Corvette. Dealers can no longer place orders for 2022 Corvettes and will not be receiving anymore allocation for 2022 Corvettes.

Dealers just started placing 2023 Corvette orders yesterday.

Your 2022 order will likely be cancelled in GM's system in which case, your dealer should at that point, ask you if you want to place a 2023 order. If that is the case, and they tell you the 1LT trim package is on constraint - that is a lie.

They want you to place a 2LT trim package optioned car because it increases the MSRP you're paying, and it means more profit for them...

Not sure what to believe thanks for your insight, they said i,they got the allocation.
Yeah, allocation for a 2023 maybe so maybe they're trying to get you to place a new order and suck more money out of you by requiring the 2LT trim package and claiming the 1LT isn't available.

Ugh, some dealers suck ..

welcome to CAC!!
sorry to hear about the runaround..
:eek::eek:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom