Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

no backup lights, any ideas???

slapshot

Corvette
1991 coupe, FX3, 6 spd, red/black
Right after I bought the car, I noticed the backup lights weren't working. I pulled the 2 rear bulbs out and reinstalled them, and they worked fine. Now they are out again. All of the lights, 2 rear and both sides, do not work. I checked the fuse and it's fine. Is there a switch somwhere on the tranny to sense when it is placed into reverse??
Thanks

slapshot said:
Is there a switch somwhere on the tranny to sense when it is placed into reverse?
I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume that your vehicle is an automatic, seeing as how you didn't specify. It really doesn't matter in this case, but always try to provide as much information as possible when posing questions in the forums. ;)

Oops! Now I see it in the sidebar information, but still, keep it in mind when posting.

There is a switch, but it's not on the transmission, it's on the shifter. :CAC

slapshot said:
Right after I bought the car, I noticed the backup lights weren't working. I pulled the 2 rear bulbs out and reinstalled them, and they worked fine. Now they are out again. All of the lights, 2 rear and both sides, do not work. I checked the fuse and it's fine. Is there a switch somwhere on the tranny to sense when it is placed into reverse??
Thanks

It is the reverse light switch - I replaced mine (through the dealership) on my 93, as it was not working right after I bought mone, funny how that works :eyerole

It is a pretty common failure on the 6 speed cars - I hope this helps :m

*89x2* said:
It is the reverse light switch - I replaced mine (through the dealership) on my 93, as it was not working right after I bought mone, funny how that works :eyerole

It is a pretty common failure on the 6 speed cars - I hope this helps :m

Where is it located?? I did have part, well, most of the console ripped apart when I was changing stereos, so that may have something to do with it. I will check it before I replace it. yes, it is a 6 spd, brain fart on not including that earlier....

Thanks

slapshot said:
Where is it located?? I did have part, well, most of the console ripped apart when I was changing stereos, so that may have something to do with it. I will check it before I replace it. yes, it is a 6 spd, brain fart on not including that earlier....

Thanks

I'd have to look - something reminds me it is on the drivers side of the trans but I would have to verify...

In the meantime - Anyone else know ??? :m

Nope. I don't have the experience nor a book to research the procedure. My experience lies with the earlier C4s. Sorry.

sweeeeeet. thanks for the diagram. One last question, hwo do I get to it...from the console or underneath the car????

{{{{PLEEEEEEASE say console...PLEEEEASE say console......}}}}} lol

Sorry....underneath the car.....shouldn't be too bad......good luck!

Thanks all!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom