Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No change in level of coolant recovery reservoir

O

ojb

Hi,

I have (maybe) a problem with my cooling system. I have my Z for about 2000 mls now and I noticed that the level of coolant in the coolant recovery reservoir (front right) does not change.

In the service manual it is mentioned that under normal operating condition the level should rise to hot.

When I open the pressure cab when the engine is cold, there is enough coolant in the system.

I have a Jaguar which had a bad overheating problem which cost me several thousand dollars and therefore I am very afraid of any cooling issues.

Does anybody have a idea, if I have a problem and what it could be.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings from Munich, Bavaria.
Oli

Mine doesn't change very much either. It sure as heck doesn't go from the "cold" level to "hot" when the car is hot. It only really rises up maybe 1/4".

I usually fill it up higher than the "cold" level though, maybe about 1/2" above it. I like to be able to look at the reservoir and see the level without having to remove the cap.

Same here

I owned a Callaway and a '93 LT1 and the coolant level hardly rose noticeable if at all.

Yes I have also owned 2 Jaguars and each has had a cooling problem...

Mine never changed either up until two weeks ago when I was running it pretty hard at an autocross and it pretty much filled up the overflow bottle. Then after sitting overnight it didn't suck it back into the engine. I drove it about an hour home at interstate speeds with the AC on and it didn't heat up or anything. When I start it up cold now with the cap off I can see a few bubbles which makes me suspect a fire ring on a head gasket is starting to leak compression into the cooling system. The bottom line is when the level in the bottle doesn't change it's OK on these cars.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom