Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No courtesy dome light

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
I took care of (2) problems today and I got a new one. I didn't have any cluster or gauge lights so I replaced the headlight dimmer switch and that took care of that problem. My low fuel light wasn't working and I removed the glove box liner several times and then ended up pulling out the gauge cluster but I fixed that problem too. Replaced my fuel sending unit too! But the problem is now my courtesy lights do not work. I can turn the rheostat and they work fine but nothing when the doors open or after the engine is shut off. Did I forget to hook something back up when replacing the light switch? the courtesy light worked fine before I made my "repairs".

Brad

Hello Brad,

Is it only your dome light that isn't working or also the lights in front of the doors below the dash? Is nothing is working then I would say as you were in and around the glovebox area maybe you hit the courtesy detail timer that is also behind the glovebox in the "upper right corner". It's a red/orange or black? box that controls the detail of the courtesy lights.

If the two lower lights are still working and only the dome light isn't then I would look into replacing the light. Maybe just a bad coincidence.

Greetings Peter

Hello Peter,

All of the interior lights do not work that are on the timer. All of them do work if I roll the rheostat over so I'm thinking I must have have done something when I removed the glove box liner. I'll have a look at that later on today. Hopefully I can find out something. Thanks.

If I remember correctly it has a big arrow with up on it. I used a ti wrap to hold it in that position.

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom