Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

no crank and crank then start

USMC 0311

Corvette
93 40TH ANNIVERSARY ROADSTER
Hi: here is my problem: i was cleaning the interior and when done, i put it in the garage. i realized that there was not enough clearance, so i had to pull forward. when i went to turn over, it did not. it was the same symptom like a dead battery. i did notice the SYS light come on, but it did not stay on. for laughs and giggles, i went out 15 minutes later and it started no muss no fuss! what is this all about??? i am perplexed by it. could it be the VATS system going out??? every hour on the hour, i go out to the garage and it starts up NO Problem. i have stopped for the rest of the night so i can relax. any info or experience on this issue will be appreciated.:w

Have you cleaned all the grounds lately?

Next time that happens try using a different key. You may have a bad chip or a dirty chip on the one your using now

Last edited:
My guess is you got some of that "Slimy Crap" they try to push off as interior UV protect ant on your key pellet or inside on the ignition cylinder key pellet contacts!:thumb

You need to clean it off of your key and from the contacts in the lock cylinder!:thumb:thumb:thumb

I have to go out on a service call at least once a month to someones house or detail shop to get one started!

:beer

That would certainly explain what has happened to the op since he had been cleaning the interior before this started. I still think he should do the grounds before they jump up and bite his a--.

Thanks John and GM Junkie!

i just got the messages and i want to thank you both. it started up fine this morning and i just read your posts and i cleaned off the key and the contacts. the car starts up with no hesitation now. my mechanic echoed the same thing. it works great. the alternator ampage is fine etc. now for the trip to Nevada!!:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom