Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! No headlights, please help!

• Thread starter Thread starter Corvetteseth79
  • Start date Start date
OK,this is for an '81 but they should be very similar
it's from my FSManual

Attachments

• 013 (1024x768).jpg
    013 (1024x768).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 012 (1024x768).jpg
    012 (1024x768).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 74
The wiring diagram is in the 79 factory service manual. You can order them from Zip Products.

If the head lights come up but don't come on and the rest of the lights....front/rear side markers and tail lights work, then the first place to check is the head light switch. As "John Z" in the old part of this thread, the lights are protected by a thermal circuit breaker inside the switch.

Check for power to the switch then, then the light switch on and check for power out of the switch.

My guess is you have either a light swtich problem or a wiring problem between the switch and the lights.

do u have a wiring diagram?i could use all the help u can give thank you

If you're going to work on your own car, you'll need some basics books, diagrams and tools. Hib H already gave one source of a wiring diagram, there's several vendors who sell large plasticized versions that make things much easier to follow.

An often overlooked cause of headlight failure is the frame ground at the chassis.
The wiring harness up at the front of the car where the wires go to both headlamp bulbs have a black wire that runs to a ground bolt on the frame. There is a star washer between the wire lug and the frame to make good electrical contact to ground.
If the connection there is oxidized or loose, the complete electrical path to ground will not be made.
There can be voltage to all of the points on the circuit, but without a good ground the lights won't work.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom