Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No more NAKED REAR END!!!

77-4speed

Corvette
1977 Black L-82 4-speed
Hey Everybody!

Let me first thank the acadamy.....Seriously though. To all who helped and advised me on my rear differential dilema, THANK YOU! I definitely couldn't have done it without the wonderful help of the people on this forum.

Bullitt especially, your help was instrumental. Also, Stingray6974, who rebuilt the diferential did an outstanding job for a great price, I highly recommend anyone who needs work done to contact Stingray6974.

And, without further ado...the web page for all the pics is:

http://home.houston.rr.com/cjandruss/Corvette/

I also have a little video but it's pretty big so I'm working on shrinking it down.

Thanks again all,

Russ

Thanks everybody! This time Bullitt made it through without losing any limbs :)

I was actuallly wondering if anybody knew if my hood was actually an L-88 style hood. I thought it was but I can't figure out how I would get the cold air into the hood. If anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Russ

Yeah, I got all my digits, but still the usual scrapes and bruises from wrenching. The past three days haved kept me fairly busy, with me working on three different cars. So far I'm 3 for 3, but still have one more to go. It seems something is going on with someone's car, lately.

I spent all day and night on another car, causing me to wake up late on Sunday, so I didn't have anything to cook for Russ and his wife. If we do those front shocks at my house though, there will be some BBQ.

--Bullitt

Russ,
The vette's looking good! Have you taken it for a testdrive yet?
In the pic "strut rod" I found the four hands, 3 legs, and 1 foot. But I can't find the green frog or the purple dinosaur.:L

Mike

I have taken it out a couple of times around the block. So far so good. The passenger side yoke is still really close to the diff. ear even though it doesn't move but 1/16". I have to adjust the camber of the wheels to even them out since I replaced all the bushings. Other than that it is all good. I'm going to take it around the block a few more times and then out this weekend.

Wish me luck,

Russ

Russ,
Are you talking about the yoke or the u-joint u-bolts?

Mike

Mike,

The U-joint bolts on the passenger side yoke look a little close compared to the driver side. Neither yoke moves much, if any, but the passenger side bolts look pretty close.

Russ

Thanks Chris!

I think I've decided that it is a non-functional L-88 hood. I guess someone makes the L-88 style hood without the opening at the windshield for fresh air intake. I'm wondering if I can open it up somehow and add the fresh airbox.

Time will tell :)

Russ

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom