Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No power at all at speed (1988 C4)

Hi all,

Thought I'd give you an update since I just got the car back. It was indeed the cats. Most likely the pre-cats. The main cat was almost completely blocked with junk and big chunks of stuff from the pres. The Co2 sensor was also broken (which I'm guessing might've aided in killing the cats.)

Only thing now though is that I've got kind of a rough cold-idle and she's a LOT harder to start all of a sudden. Used to start INSTANTLY while cold with a little harder warm start (I've suspected the injectors might be on the way out for a while). Guess it's time to take out and check the IAC and stuff.

Thanks again for all the advice guys!

Hi all,

Thought I'd give you an update since I just got the car back. It was indeed the cats. Most likely the pre-cats. The main cat was almost completely blocked with junk and big chunks of stuff from the pres. The Co2 sensor was also broken (which I'm guessing might've aided in killing the cats.)

Only thing now though is that I've got kind of a rough cold-idle and she's a LOT harder to start all of a sudden. Used to start INSTANTLY while cold with a little harder warm start (I've suspected the injectors might be on the way out for a while). Guess it's time to take out and check the IAC and stuff.

Thanks again for all the advice guys!

It needs plugs now...after running like that they plugs are likely fouled and carboned up pretty bad. Clean or replace and see how it does.

I'll check that as soon as I can. IF I can, haha. Last time I changed plugs on a L98 was when I had a Trans Am and it took me half a day to do it, lying underneath the thing! But the Vette seems to have a bit easier access to them. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom