Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No seam through the O valve covers for sale

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Not sure how I accumulated so many valve covers, but I did.

they range in price for the pair that has the breathers in them for $90, the set with one hole in each one right in the middle (go figure!) for $75 for the pair, the chrome pair (HAVE the seam through the O if you look closely) for $140 and the rest start at $150 and run up from there if there is nothing wrong with them (there are others as noted below that have some kind of modification to them in varying degrees).

There are no sets that I would call show ready. If you want a set that is show ready I would suggest either buying some already there (I have seen them on EBay at $500 and up for a set) or buy a good set and have them re-skinned (about $100 each cover).

GS8J9298Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9299Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9300Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9301Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9302Small-vi.jpg

GS8J9303Small-vi.jpg

There is one cover that has been patched on the top, I bought the pair to get the other one which is in good shape. Another set has been re-enforced by the valve cover bolt holes but is in great shape in the rest of the cover. One additional set someone counter sunk at a smaller diameter the valve cover bolt holes (for some other kind of attachment?)

I will be out of the country from March 27th until April 5th. I will not be able to get to my email or this web site in any degree of certainty or regularity.

regards, Herb

Holy cow Herb. You have more of those things than I do.

Tom

Holy cow Herb. You have more of those things than I do.

Tom
I had started buing them when ever I saw a set figuring that at some point they will be harder to find or certainly more expensive. They have gotten more expensive for sure. Until I laid them out, and found all of them in the garage that were in boxes, I didnt know how many I had. I guess I did have a few, hence why I decided to thin the herd!

I found that I had about 6 really nice sets and then I had 3 or 4 sets that need to be reskinned for a vareity of reasons. I sent two sets out to get polished.

Herb..........

You mention you have some with breathers in them and in the third picture down, you have a set with breathers in them. Is that the only ones you have with a hole for a breather? I'm "maybe" looking for a set with the round holes to fit the rubber grommet for the PCV and a regular round breather on the other side.

You mention you have some with breathers in them and in the third picture down, you have a set with breathers in them. Is that the only ones you have with a hole for a breather? I'm "maybe" looking for a set with the round holes to fit the rubber grommet for the PCV and a regular round breather on the other side.
nope, don't have any like that.....sorry...

Thanks Herb

But I need ones with a breather on one side and a PCV on the other.

But I need ones with a breather on one side and a PCV on the other.
ok, get one of these sets and modify them....if you dont have someone to modify them for you and you tell me exactly where you want the holes and their size, I can get that done for you.

let me know....Herb

One thing you need to remember when drilling a valve cover for a breather or pcv is that it needs an oil baffle to keep oil from being sucked into the pcv hose and engine. Stock GM and many aftermarket valve covers use one similar to the one pictured below. This one came with my Billet Specialties valve covers (BSP-95129 smooth top $79.50 @ Summit) I bought for my truck. The covers have cast in screw bosses on the inside to attach the baffle.

I would hate to see you drill an original Corvette valve cover but if you must you can use a Moroso pcv or breather grommet that has a built in baffle. I was going to buy some Offenhausers that I could get pre-drilled to my specs for this engine and use these grommets but I just couldn't justify the extra $150. that they cost over the Billet Specialties.

The breather grommets are Summit part numbers Mor-68772 for the pcv @ $5.50 ea. and MOR-68775 for the breather grommets @ $4.95 pr. They are both 1.22" o.d. and 1.0" i.d.; the same as GM grommets without a baffle.

Tom

Sorry.......

Herb, I haven't forgotten your offer, Tom, I have my original set of covers with the breathers in place, well, one of them. I have to do some serious checking to see if they will fit in between the roller rockers and with enough side to side, top to bottom. If I get time, I'll take a picture and have someone post it with what I need. Been way too busy for four Brothers let alone one old gearhead.:W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom