Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! No start.. from time to time...

ish8686

Corvette
1994 White Coupe
I have a 1994Coupe LT1 with 52K miles. From time to time the car will not start. :mad After sitting for sometime the car startsand runs with no problem. No codes! There is no loss of fuel pressure. A fewyears ago I had some issues with the OptiSpark and upgraded with a MSD PerformanceOptiSpark and have had no issues. I just changed the Ignition Module and had no problems for a few daysthen yesterday the car would not start but after waiting 30 minutes the carstarts up with no problem.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Does it crank and not start or is there no crank at all?

I had a similar problem with my 88. It might start 20 times in a row and then it won't. I knew I had power but not even a click when I turned the key. Ended up being a bad starter. That's after I bypassed the VATS and replaced the starter enable switch. All that was left was the starter so I replace it about 6 years ago and haven't had a problem since. I seem to remember that it would not start usually when it was hot. Once it cooled off it would start again.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Does it crank and not start or is there no crank at all?

I had a similar problem with my 88. It might start 20 times in a row and then it won't. I knew I had power but not even a click when I turned the key. Ended up being a bad starter. That's after I bypassed the VATS and replaced the starter enable switch. All that was left was the starter so I replace it about 6 years ago and haven't had a problem since. I seem to remember that it would not start usually when it was hot. Once it cooled off it would start again.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

Ron
"Baldie88"

My experience with this particular problem is that the connection from the solenoid to the starter windings gets a little loose and corroded. The heat from running causes things to expand, opening the connection. It is repairable without replacing the starter though it should be removed to properly repair.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Hopefully someone will come along with an idea. Good luck.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom