Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

No start

Enzo

Corvette
91 Black Convertible
During start, engine cranks for a while and then stop, like there is something restricting its movement. Batery is good. After the last trip yesterday, when turning the engine off, there was a strong smell of gas, but no leak found. Any guess?

Thank You
Enzo

6 Shooter said:
I wonder if it could be vapor lock, is it very hot down there? ;shrug
Yes. It was very hot yesterday. About 95º F. Talking about vapor, I think a lot of vapor forms on my fuel tank. Even after a short ride, when a open the tank, a lot of vapor comes out. Do you think that is normal or my fuel tank cap has a problem?

Thank You
Enzo

6 Shooter said:
It could be, do you have a problem when the engine is cool?
Usually no problem, and yesterday also no problem, but before yesterday , it took longer than normal to start.

How many miles do ya have on her?

I'm sure you have checked all your plug connections, when was the last time the plugs/wires & firing control was worked on.

6 Shooter said:
I'm sure you have checked all your plug connections, when was the last time the plugs/wires & firing control was worked on.

Mileage is 28.000. Wires and plugs were replaced 2 months ago.

Enzo said:
During start, engine cranks for a while and then stop, like there is something restricting its movement. Batery is good. After the last trip yesterday, when turning the engine off, there was a strong smell of gas, but no leak found. Any guess?

Thank You
Enzo
Car still sitting in the garage. Problem persists. I'm waiting for a mechanic that will be available only on tuesday. I have no skills nor tools to work on it. Just want to have an idea of what could be the problem. Anybody can help?

Thank You
Enzo

Check the fuel pressure ....it should be around 35-40# and should very as you reve the motor to as much as 45#.... if you run the fuel tank low a bunch of times the fuel pump will give out...
Mike R

I_R_DA_ONE said:
Check the fuel pressure ....it should be around 35-40# and should very as you reve the motor to as much as 45#.... if you run the fuel tank low a bunch of times the fuel pump will give out...
Mike R

Very nice pictures. My mechanic found the problem yesterday. There was a broken diaphragm on the fuel pressure regulator. The engine was soaking with fuel.
Thank you for your reply.

Enzo

Good Mechanic

Sounds like you have a good mechanic with the skill to diagnose problems. Keep him at all cost.:)

John Robinson said:
Sounds like you have a good mechanic with the skill to diagnose problems. Keep him at all cost.:)
Yes. You are right. There are very few Corvettes around in Brazil and even fewer mechanics to work on Corvettes. To have an idea I will have to order this part in USA, because there are none available here.
Thank you.
Enzo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom