Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NO START

tabell

Corvette
1987 BRIGHT RED CONVERTIBLE
I HAVE A 1987 CORVETTE THAT TURNS OVER BUT WON'T START, I HAVE SPARK WHEN CRANKING, I PULLED THE SPARK PLUGS AND INSTALLED NEW ONES. UPON PULLING THE THE PLUGS I DISCOVERED THE CYLINDERS WERE FULL OF FUEL, ALSO I DISCOVERED I HAD DUMPED FUEL INTO THE OIL. THERE ARE NO FAULT CODES LOGGED BUT I MAY HAVE ERASED THEM WHEN INSTALLED A NEW BATTERY. I DID CHARGE THE OIL BY THE WAY.

My freind's 89 did that on the way to Carlisle. Fortunately, it was in a good spot not too far from home.
As I remember, he said the fuel pressure regulator, or the fuel delivery valve or something like that stuck open and filled the cylinder that was open.
He had fuel pouring out his intake and out the air filter 5 minutes after he shut the engine off. The engine was hydrolocked with gas filling the cylinder.

It's a good bet that if your valve stuck open and dumped all that fuel into your engine, that it's stuck now and not letting any fuel into the injectors.
Hook up a pressure gauge to your fuel rail and see if you have any pressure from the pump.

Did you recently do any ignition work, i.e. remove the distributor? Make sure you're not 180 degrees off (TDC on exhaust stroke instead of compression stroke). Check your timing.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom