Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Northeast Area Callaway's >>>

C

callaway95

Eric, FX and other locals.....

How about some of you guys attend one (or all) of our Corvette Challenge events at Englishtown this coming year? I've been the only Callaway in attendance for the last 4 years and would really like to see another TT or SN in the 1/4 mile staging lanes.

In '98, these events started with just 6 or 7 Corvettes. Last year, we were having upwards of 70 Corvettes at the track, including a number of very modified, yet street legal cars, including some Lingenfelter's, Doug Rippie, and local tuners' Cartek and the Vette Doctors.

As Reeves and Bill Prout both told me when I picked-up my car, "Don't be easy on the car, it should be driven hard".

I've made quite a few passes at the track - not one problem with the car.

We have guys coming from Massachusetts to Virginia for these events - it's a great time....

First date is early/mid April......hope to see you there.

Dave

callaway 95, I've read and heard about Englishtown, but where exactly in Jersey is it?

I do a bit of road racing with my Callaway, never have had it on the strip, although I've done my share of the "Stoplight Grand Prix" when egged on by someone who sees the Callaway SuperNatural decals on my rear hatch and thinks that Callaway must be an Irish ghost!

Dave, here go my excuses!! I do a lot of amateur racing through the warmer months with 2 AutoX regions and a fair amount of road course lapping at Pocono. With all of that stuff, the Callaway stays at home.

The Twin Turbo is quite a chore launch effectively! Not complaining, it's just that the tires really don't settle down much before third gear. I'm afraid to put the drag radials on it because of the huge stress factor it places on the drivetrain.

The car is really set up for "on the roll" type of racing. The way the thing pulls in third and fourth gear is truly amazing. My '93 technically makes more hp than the Callaway, but the Callaway's torque will snap your snap your neck while standing on it while cruising. Recently, I surprised the heck out of a newer 911TT while on the fly. Even had me surprised!

The Englishtown Event has grown and grown the last couple years and it's a good thing. I think it's the only Corvette series of it's kind in the U.S., no? I'll be up there once or twice through the summer... See you soon!

callaway95 said:
How about some of you guys attend one (or all) of our Corvette Challenge events at Englishtown this coming year? I've been the only Callaway in attendance for the last 4 years and would really like to see another TT or SN in the 1/4 mile staging lanes.

I'm not exactly local but if some of the MA and CT guys make a run I may just caravan down there. Sounds like you guys have a good time!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom