Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

NOS GM Factory Z06 Tire Inflator Kit

I have a 2003 corvette. would the fluid in the kit hurt my tire sensors?

This is something that I cannot answer. Some people will swear that it will and some will swear that it will not. I can tell you one thing for sure and that is if I am 40 miles from no where and have a flat I only want to get back in one piece and will deal with a defective sensor after I make that goal.:thumb

If you have runflats on your 2003, believe me... it's highly unlikely you'll get stranded because of a flat. :thumb

The stiff sidewalls on the runflat tire will carry you through to your destination (or the nearest tireshop) at a reasonable speed (~50 MPH) with no damage to your rims.

Rather than rewrite the post, check out this thread where I posted about catastrophic loss of pressure on a runflat at just over 80 MPH.

Flat tire at 80+ MPH

I was driving on I10 yesterday on the way to an appointment when I heard and felt the driver's side rear tire go flat. I was driving a little over 80 mph and it nearly scared me to death!

The flat tire warning flashed on the DIC and was immediately followed by the reduce speed warning. I've worried about what it would be like to get a flat and drive on the runflats, but I must say it was very reassuring in that the car handled well and the tire performed as advertised.

I was able to make my appointment, then drive the 10 or 15 miles to my repair shop to have the "new" tires installed which I purchased from one of our members.

Just thought I'd mention it for the benefit of other members who are using the runflats on their Vettes too.

Shaken but safe.
Jane Ann

Although there are no guarantees, hopefully this will help to alleviate some of your concern over a flat. :thumb

:wJane Ann

If you have runflats on your 2003, believe me... it's highly unlikely you'll get stranded because of a flat. :thumb

The stiff sidewalls on the runflat tire will carry you through to your destination (or the nearest tireshop) at a reasonable speed (~50 MPH) with no damage to your rims.

Rather than rewrite the post, check out this thread where I posted about catastrophic loss of pressure on a runflat at just over 80 MPH.

Flat tire at 80+ MPH

Although there are no guarantees, hopefully this will help to alleviate some of your concern over a flat. :thumb

:wJane Ann

I second your belief in the Run Flat tires. I had an instant flat at 65 on the left front tire when I ran over something metal that punched an inch size hole in the tire. I never lost any steering capability and was able to drive another 20 miles to get to a tire shop. I had to replace the tire due to the size of the hole but otherwise the tire was fine. A run flat is noisier and might not handle as well as some high performance non run flats but the safety and convenience is well worth the noise.

Same here, I must be terminally unique.....never perceived any noise issues but then again it IS a sportscar.

02d085d1.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom