Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not Boring: NASCAR's brass calls Keselowski in for a chat

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
111509keselowski1.embedded.prod_affiliate.158.jpg

AVONDALE, Ariz. – Brad Keselowski met with NASCAR officials, including Chairman Brian France, Sunday morning at Phoenix International Raceway following a Keselowski-Denny Hamlin dust-up on the track in Saturday’s Nationwide race.​

“It went real well. That’s probably the most impressed I’ve ever been with NASCAR. I honestly will say that and I’m not brainwashed in saying that, either,” said Keselowski, who will drive the No. 12 Dodges in the Cup series full time for Penske Racing next season.​

“I really respected the fact Brian France walked in there. That was really the first time I’ve ever had a conversation with him. I think that’s a good sign for the sport that he was involved in that conversation.”​

Keselowski said he wasn’t going to go into details about things that were “talked about privately,” but wanted to give an overview of the conversation.​

“It was (about) just to trying to pick and choose who you want to be your friends and enemies in this sport and making sure I understood that process and what it takes to make it to this level,” he said.​

Keselowski said he was also reminded “how you’re going to need friends down the line and make sure you don’t alienate everybody. At the same time, you don’t want to give up being a hard charger.”​

Asked if he felt that he was going to have to change his driving style, Keselowski said, “You always change your style. Do I need to do things better? Oh yeah, all the time. Being aggressive is what got me here.​

“Nobody has handed me anything in my career – ever. I’ve dug and clawed for everything I’ve got. The only way to do that is by being aggressive. But that’s not to say I need to be aggressive every race.”​

On Lap 157 of the 200-lap race, Hamlin bumped Keselowski from behind and then passed him to the inside while going three-wide.​

Shortly after, Keselowski returned the bump, with Hamlin spinning out in the process. Hamlin was livid during radio communication with his crew and a post-race confrontation seemed likely.​

There was no confrontation on pit road, but Hamlin and Keselowski did meet face-to-face outside the Nationwide hauler well after the race in an animated discussion.​

I agree NASCAR needs some bad boys and more freaking excitement, boring is boring and neutered driver are boring!

Hamlin hit Keselowski 1st and Keselowski was just returning the favor, if NASCAR stops da boys from rubbing/racing NASCAR's done.

With NASCAR killing excitement with the COT (Crap Of Today) and Vette Boy's successful boycott campaign they almost down the drain.

SO - JJ Wins Da Boring Sprint Cup Award! :D

NASCAR might NEED a few bad boys, but it seems like they don't WANT any! :boogie
Andy :w

as Tony Stewart said (para-phrasing, because I forget the exact quote),

TonyStewartOldSpiceImpala.jpg

"..... I'm the fungus that can't be killed in NASCAR's sterilized world....."

It was just a week or two ago that NASCAR told Brad that he was being overly agressive on the track and that he shouldn't race the chase contenders so hard, he wants to win just like everyone else. That was when he was racing with Montoya and he didn't let up to let Montoya pass him, I guess NASCAR thought he should have hit the brakes instead of making him earn the position. I don't think it should matter if you are in the chase or not, those guys should be racing hard everytime they hit the track for their fans, sponsers, and themselves. I like watching BK run, he is a good driver, to bad he is going to a Dodge next year.

"Lead, follow or get out of the way" I forget who said that but that is how you race. "Go fast, hit the wall or break" Gary Nixon said that was the 3 rules of racing. I still say get rid of the restrictor plates, make the bumpers un-even to stop bump drafting, get rid of the rear wing and make the cars look like real cars. Get back to letting the cream rise to the top and everyone else will just have to catch up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom