Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Nothin like a new pair of shoes!"

Corvette
1973 L-48 Coupe
Well Im going to hold off on the rims for the next few years....I really want to save for new paint. I put these on it tonight...cant wait to run it out on the open road!

Chas
newtires001a.jpg

Nice!!! I will do the same this year too. Wish size did you go with?

Tepot said:
Nice!!! I will do the same this year too. Wish size did you go with?

255/60/R15

:lou

Chas said:
Well Im going to hold off on the rims for the next few years....I really want to save for new paint. I put these on it tonight...cant wait to run it out on the open road!

Chas
newtires001a.jpg

Chas,

Those look sweet! But I have a question...how come the 1st CF Lady's Choice Award Winner needs a new paint job? :W With the care you give to your Vette, and all the products that Detail Dude gave you you can preserve that paint for posterity! ;LOL

GerryLP:cool

GerryLP said:
Chas,

Those look sweet! But I have a question...how come the 1st CF Lady's Choice Award Winner needs a new paint job? :W With the care you give to your Vette, and all the products that Detail Dude gave you you can preserve that paint for posterity! ;LOL

That was bad
, Hey Chas , thats the size I am running and I love them. I went with the Firehawks for no reason other than they were there and so was I. Hope you can make Cruisefest !

GerryLP said:
Chas,

Thanks Gerry, Its not that she needs a paint job, its that i want one. I have found a guy who has won 2nd and 3rd place at Detroits Autorama for his paint work.He has joined our car club and has been painting my friends cars for the last few months.His work is amazing and it looks like glass, so i figure if i start saving now, in a few years i should be ready for that glass look on my fenders.
My daughter is transfering to Wayne State University so im tight for funds right now...so i work the back up plan and keep a few dollars tucked away for the paint.I have a small start as i am forgoing my wheels at this point, i still like the rally wheels and i shot a new coat of paint on them before i had the tires put on.
If things work out I will be in Oklahoma during the Cruisefest, but if it changes for Ben , I will be making the run to the NCM and the next party.
Thats still the best thing i have ever won with my car, having the folks here acknowledge my car as nice , its better than any car show trophy i could ever win.
See ya around guys...Chas:beer

cj5nutz said:
That was bad
, Hey Chas , thats the size I am running and I love them. I went with the Firehawks for no reason other than they were there and so was I. Hope you can make Cruisefest !

It was bad! I wont even go there these days...
Thats the biggest i can run and not rub...it will rub if i run it up a steep drive and turn at the same time, i just know now when to becarefull...
BTW, the pics you gave me at Cruisefest are part of my vette wall in the garage.
Thanks, Chas:beer

Chas said:
It was bad! I wont even go there these days...
Thats the biggest i can run and not rub...it will rub if i run it up a steep drive and turn at the same time, i just know now when to becarefull...
BTW, the pics you gave me at Cruisefest are part of my vette wall in the garage.
Thanks, Chas:beer

Chas,

It appears that I am missing the point, so I apologize for the bad joke.

GerryLP said:
Chas,

It appears that I am missing the point, so I apologize for the bad joke.

No point buddy, i got burned pretty bad by the Detail Dude after the show.
I wonder if he has found a new group of people to bilk?:ugh
No appoligizing needed here my friend....some folks you meet are great people and some , well ... we can just leave it at that.
I try to remember the good times i had and the great people i met .
Its always good to hear from you Amigo...Chas:beer

Nice!!

I's always a big fan of the BF Good's with the raised white letters (For the aesthetic pleasing look, not for performance.. ;) ).. Hence i am running those, but i think i am running the bigger ones to fill them truck wheel wells in mine..
Show us a pic of your great car from the side with the shoes, will ya ? :L

And besides, that'll give Dwayne another yellow car to drool over.. ;LOL

:w
-Stefan

Love my BFG's

My wife gave me a set of BFG 255/60/15's, for Christmas, even paid for mounting and Bal.

I to have a rub, but only when I turn hard left????
I can hear it, but I can't tell where exactly the rub is. I pulled all 4 tires and can't find evidence.

Any ideas??
Thanks

psw5940 said:
I too have a rub, but only when I turn hard left????
I can hear it, but I can't tell where exactly the rub is. I pulled all 4 tires and can't find evidence.

Any ideas??
Thanks

Hey, glad to hear I'm not alone here! (sorry) I get the same, more to the left than right - it appears that the outside edge of the tire rubs the back of the wheel well. My car had some 'conspicuous areas' when we stripped it last year to paint it, I was wondering if the wheel was too close to the body, if you know what I mean. It clearly had body damage and I wondered if the frame was kinked too. I had it aligned, so it shouldn't be a problem, but the damned thing DOES rub!
BTW, I DO like the 15" tires - I really don't like the 'stagecoach wheels' on these older cars, a big fat tire makes them look meaner to me! Just my opinion.

Craig

The frame...

Mine rubs the frame in the rear of the well. A while back ,I had just cleaned and repainted the wells with semi-flat black spray paint, Im not sure why , but I had to remove the front wheel , and when I did i could easily see where it had rubbed the frame. In the rear of the wheel well of the front tires...I have never had issues in the back.
This could be an easy way of checking for any car I would imagine...I have read that a chalk line across the entire width of a tire in a few spots, and thenm go out for a road run , will show you if your rolling to far over in a tight turn , or what ever you may want to see . This seems to be the same thing only in reverse i guess....

I only rubbed a few times when i first bought this car, and I cant say when i heard it last as Im very careful where i drive into.Usually on a steep driveway or approach and Im turning into it rather sharply...however now with this new Indy spoiler , Im even more cautious of what i drive up and over.I cant wait to go out for a roll on these new skins!
Chas:beer

82ColEd said:
Nice!!

I's always a big fan of the BF Good's with the raised white letters (For the aesthetic pleasing look, not for performance.. ;) ).. Hence i am running those, but i think i am running the bigger ones to fill them truck wheel wells in mine..
Show us a pic of your great car from the side with the shoes, will ya ? :L

And besides, that'll give Dwayne another yellow car to drool over.. ;LOL

-Stefan

Stefan,Theresa asks how the baby is doing?
Heres a shot of the new skins on my vette...Its snowing , so its the best i can do for now...
Heres one for Dwayne!

vetteside.jpg

Chas,

That is a nice shot. I have always had a soft spot for the Vette's wheel and center set-up. I had a set on my Yellow (yes, Yellow!) Acadian (Canadian version of a 1971 Nova), and my brother had them on his 71 Camaro. It just looks good with nice shoe soles on them. :upthumbs

Thanks for the gracious gesture and letting me off the hook with just a warning. I know that the "dude" was a side ache to a few of us at the 1st CF. I shall not bring him up again in the forum.

6 Shooter said:
Chas - Just wondering, how long do a pair of shoes last ya, weeks, months or years? :lou

Later - D
D,
This last "pair" were installed in 1986...so i guess there is about 19 yrs on them. they only have 10000 miles on them, but the age isnt a very safe thing if im doin 70 mph down the freeway.
Chas:w

Thanks for the ideas.
I need to clean up the wheel wells anyway.
I also have the Indy spoiler.
The point at the front takes a beating.
I',ve given some thought to molding a piece of thin sheet metal just over the tip in the front.

Thanks for the prompt service.. Looks real good Chas.. :_rock

Here is what might be a dummy question (yep, it's me, remember :L): Do your tires have the size on the side with the white letters ? I've been trying to confirm my shoes sizes but i think they are on the 'other' side.. And i'm not about to remove them. Just wondering..

Theresa: She aint no baby anymore.. She will be 18 month in a week. Running around (literaly), jumping, starting to speak some words and being quite our offspring (ie. she's got my thick skull, it's her way or no way!).. But she is a cutey.. I'll send you a recent shot in a PM.. Thanks for asking!

Now back to your regular scheduled tire program. :lou

-Stefan

On these tires I can see the size written below the B.F.Goodrich lettering..this is white letters out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom