Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Now this would look great in my garage...

jonstr

1984 LeMans Callaway Corvette Race Wheel and Tire. This is part of Corvette and LeMans History. Callaways Corvette was the fastest GT2 car in the LeMans Race. He is superstious and used the tires and wheels again in 1994. The history is on Google. The tire and wheel is just as it came off the car after the race. I was the winning bidder for this wheel in San Diego the last event attended by Zora Arkus-Duntov. Dave Hill was there with Reeves Callaway. This is a must for any serious Corvette at LeMans collector. Buyer pays for shipping. All contacts and transaction will be through ebay and PayPal. Buyer pays the 3% PayPal fee.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230266714333&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Does anybody know anything about the history he refers to? 1984 seems pretty early, and the seller has a really low rating... :ugh As for his 'history is in Google' comment, I'm still digging, but nothing clearly relevant immediately came up.

THEY RACED 94 AND 95 AT LEMANS.
I HAVE FIVE SETS OF THE RW WHEELS USED IN RACING BY CALLAWAY.

I think he's full of BS. Here is a link to the 1984 Le Mans results. I can not find any Corvettes or Callaway's that ran that year. Also, there was no GT2 class in 1984, it was the GTO class way back then.

Callaway did run a car in 1994, but they were disqualified due to outside assistance.

Hope this helps.

Jason

It was indeed 1994. He must have fat-fingered it :ugh

It was indeed 1994. He must have fat-fingered it :ugh

I thought it might have been off the '94 Le Mans racer, as it's an A-mold wheel, which didn't come around until the mid '90's.

Even so, neither Callaway car finished the race in 1994... :confused

Jason

I thought it might have been off the '94 Le Mans racer, as it's an A-mold wheel, which didn't come around until the mid '90's.

Even so, neither Callaway car finished the race in 1994... :confused

Jason

Jason, the wheel is an RW Magnesium wheel, not the GM A-Molds.

Kingforward or Big John would be the ones to ask about the LM race history.

Huh, learn something new every day. :upthumbs

Jason

here is a picture of the car in action

vemp_0702_07_z+callaway_cars+c4_corvette_LM_coupe.jpg

image002.jpg

Kingforward or Big John would be the ones to ask about the LM race history.

Do not forget about Mike (Critt99), he knows so much about the LM racers he can write a book about them.

Do not forget about Mike (Critt99), he knows so much about the LM racers he can write a book about them.

Agreed...and hopefully someday he will write that book!.

A fun Callaway TT fact: The 1994 LM "supernatural" race car was actually built from a 1990 B2K designated chassis

Thanks, Yes, Critt99 knows his stuff :m

Kingforward, what is the rest of the story on the 1990 B2K? Was it a "whole car" or?????? :eek:hnoes

dunno. Mike Z said it was built on a '90 CTTC chassis. I took the VIN# and submitted it to the Corvette Museum and the docs show it was sent from Bowling Green to Old Lyme.....just like a B2K.

Chris, maybe you can track down the TT history on this car someday...??

dunno. Mike Z said it was built on a '90 CTTC chassis. I took the VIN# and submitted it to the Corvette Museum and the docs show it was sent from Bowling Green to Old Lyme.....just like a B2K.

Chris, maybe you can track down the TT history on this car someday...??

pm or email me the vin, plz. Thanks :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom