Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Now, you can surface dual mass flywheels!

Hib Halverson

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
Corvette
71 04 12 19
The general rule has been that the dual-mass flywheel used C4s with six-speed manuals from 89-96, including all ZR-1s, cannot be machined to fix warpage problems.

I've heard rumors that a few resourceful machinists were turning dual-mass wheels but had never actually seen it done...until today.

Mark DeGroff of "DeGroff Cylinder Head Service and Machine Shop" does all my machine work, except LT5 port work, has been machining BMW, dual-mass flywheels for a couple of years. I was out at his shop, today, doing a photo shoot for one of my web site customers and in walks this driver from a BMW repair shop with rush-rush flywheel resurfacing job. We had to take a break from doing image work to set this flywheel up and machine it. While he cut the BMW wheel Mark told me how he does C4 dual-mass wheels the same way. I observed his process and it works well, giving a dead-nuts accurate surface on the secondary mass.

No more do you have to scrap dual mass wheels which are warped but not too badly.

If you're interested in having a dual-mass flywheel surfaced, contact Mark DeGroff at 818-701-5274 or at mdchs3@verizon.net.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom