Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oak Top Cleaning

J

jrizz1

I cannot get the oak top on my 2000 clean. I have tried using RAGG TOP twice, but it would not remove the dark spots. In the past I have used a mixture of comet and water to clean a white vinyl top. Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions on a good cleaning method would be very helpful.

JRizz,
I'm going to move this thread to the Care & Detailing Forum. You may have more luck in obtaining responses to your question there.

-Patrick

I cannot get the oak top on my 2000 clean. I have tried using RAGG TOP twice, but it would not remove the dark spots. In the past I have used a mixture of comet and water to clean a white vinyl top. Has anyone tried this? Any suggestions on a good cleaning method would be very helpful.

I wish I had the answer to your oak top cleaning, but I've only had white vinyl tops which clean up in no time and with little effort. I have used (and continue to use) Soft Scrub with Bleach to clean the white tops if really dirty, but I do not recommend it for fabric tops.

I'm hoping some proven methods will be posted by oak top folks.

Elaine

I had a similar problem with my oak top. I also tried Ragg Top and several
other top cleaners. I still could not get the darker marks out of the folds of the top. ;shrug

Then I experimented with Dawn dish washing liquid and a soft bristle brush.
I would apply a little Dawn(using my finger) on a spot which I had wet. Carefully scrub in circular motion, add a little water, work to a lather, and continue that process two or three times, adding a little water each time. Then rise off very well, doing a little careful scrubbing while getting all the suds out. Let dry over night and mine came out really well.

Make sure to rinse the over flow suds off the car at once, as Dawn will strip the wax off . Hope that will help, it did for me. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom