Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OEM or urethane?

How is she now after 4 years?

Brutus said:
...Poly all round on my 77. Wouldn't have it any other way. I deliberated long and hard and asked all the same questions. Went with poly bushings and never regretted my decision once.
There are too many variables that dictate rubber is an obsolete option....

Just wondering how she is now after 4 years of service?
We are about to replace all the bushings in our 81 Coupe and am asking the same Q's as everyone else.
Do you have any squeeking or has the ride changed?

I am going with poly, but am going to use the marine grease idea to lubricate them.
Do you have any grease zerks in to lubricate them?

Cheers

Tony

AUSSIEVETTEMAN said:
Just wondering how she is now after 4 years of service?
We are about to replace all the bushings in our 81 Coupe and am asking the same Q's as everyone else.
Do you have any squeeking or has the ride changed?

I am going with poly, but am going to use the marine grease idea to lubricate them.
Do you have any grease zerks in to lubricate them?

Cheers

Tony

Tony,

Brutus hasn't posted since spring last year and hasn't visited since January. His post that you quoted was from 2001 so you may not get an answer. You may want to post a new thread although others may come along and give opinions as well.

- Eric:w

Thanks Eric

Eric said:
Tony,

Brutus hasn't posted since spring last year and hasn't visited since January. His post that you quoted was from 2001 so you may not get an answer. You may want to post a new thread although others may come along and give opinions as well.

I figured as much as usually replies are within 12 hours when I post when you guys answer in the US and straight away when the guys are in Oz.
Now the question is - Do I start another thread on this subject?

Cheers

Tony

AUSSIEVETTEMAN said:
Do I start another thread on this subject?

Please, nooooooooooooooo! The subject has been well and truly beaten to death on every forum in existance. I thought we had saved you permanently from Bubbaville with your now removed 'boy racer' ignition experience :D

The only thing I hate more than poly bushing is 'per-stranded' ignitions kits.:beer

Vettehead Mikey said:
Please, nooooooooooooooo! The subject has been well and truly beaten to death on every forum in existance. I thought we had saved you permanently from Bubbaville with your now removed 'boy racer' ignition experience :D

Good point! Maybe just a search for "poly" in the C3 Tech forums would do the trick for you.

Mickey & Eric,

Nah, figured I wouldn't start another thread on the subject. It would be like drawing a tooth at the dentists. ;)

Mickey, what is your bad experience with Poly? Did you get some crap parts in the past or poor advice. Tell me what caused you to make your decision on poly, maybe it may be the same in my case.
I had a couple of Diesel Fitters tell me yesterday that if the Vette didn't leak oil, then put rubber bushings back in, but if she did then put poly in.
Well she doesn't leak anything anymore, but I am still keen on putting graphite poly bushings in. Maybe I will pay for it later, but we pay around $65 AU per bushing for just the strut rod bushings in rubber (GM). By going rubber, I add around $500 AU to the cost of replacing all the bushings. ($600 or $1100 AU :confused )

OBTW, Mikey the HEI dizzy did make a difference, cheers!

Tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom