Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Off road mufflers by paragon

brumbach

Corvette
1965 convertible
Does anyone have experience with the off road mufflers offered by paragon? Specifically, I'm interested in the noise level. I'm not sure what muffler I have on my 65 but would like to enrich the exhaust sound. My son's 68 vette has the aftermarket chambered sidepipes. Sounds good and the noise level is good but would desire just a little less noise.

Can someone give me a comparison between the paragon off road muffler noise to their under car chambered exhaust?

Thanks,

Bill

Does anyone have experience with the off road mufflers offered by paragon? Specifically, I'm interested in the noise level. I'm not sure what muffler I have on my 65 but would like to enrich the exhaust sound. My son's 68 vette has the aftermarket chambered sidepipes. Sounds good and the noise level is good but would desire just a little less noise.

Can someone give me a comparison between the paragon off road muffler noise to their under car chambered exhaust?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi!

I believe that most exhaust systems are supplied by Allen's. I purchased mine directly from Allen's for the 63 with 2 1/2" exhaust and it was marked "OFF ROAD". John H. posted that no one is making the correct sounding off road system. The system I am using is very quite. If you are looking for originality for judging, I believe that Allen's is the closest. If you are looking for sound you may want to go with the chambered exhaust.

Ray
http://www.allencorvetteexhaustsystems.com/

Bill; I replaced my Corvette Centrals with Paragons off roads.
There was a very noticibley different sound.... Paragons were Louder and more "deep throat"... Really come on when I get over 3500-4000 rpm's.

Think, when I picked 'em up the counter girl said they were made in Canada, I think...

Jerry

There was a very noticibley different sound.... Paragons were Louder and more "deep throat"... Really come on when I get over 3500-4000 rpm's.

Think, when I picked 'em up the counter girl said they were made in Canada, I think...

Jerry

Thanks, Jerry. How does the paragon off road compare with the chambered? I really like the sound of the chambered exhausts but if they were just a wee bit more subtle. In your opinion does this sort of describe the off-road muffler of paragon?

Can't really comment on the chambered vs. Paragon, as I don't know anyone
with the chambered sound..

At first I thought that the Para's were LOUD, but after I got used to 'em
I'm satisfied. When it's idling has a nice sound....

Jerry

That sounds like a very good discription of the original off road mufflers. A friend bought a new '65 L79 with off roads and that is just as I remember them. They sounded fantastic with the top down running through the gears.

Tom

Can't really comment on the chambered vs. Paragon, as I don't know anyone
with the chambered sound..

At first I thought that the Para's were LOUD, but after I got used to 'em
I'm satisfied. When it's idling has a nice sound....

Wish I could hear before I buy but will take the plunge and order from Paragon as you did. Thanks for the advise. Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom