Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oh Man......What Are Thse Worth..!!! Very Rare

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
So what would a set Left And Right in Excellent shape original 1969 ZL-1 Heads worth intodays market?

And also..the original intake to go with it.??

From what I understand thse parts are very rare...

Experts please............

Are the heads casting # 3946074?

The cars they went on would be rare ('69 ZL-1 and L-88, '71 LS-6), but those heads were sold over the counter for several years too, in much higher numbers than their original production usage.
:beer

Didn't they recast all the ZL-1 parts including the block in the last couple of years?

Tom

67HEAVEN said:
Are the heads casting # 3946074?
Will let you know ...waiting on a call with the numbers..:beer

JohnZ said:
The cars they went on would be rare ('69 ZL-1 and L-88, '71 LS-6), but those heads were sold over the counter for several years too, in much higher numbers than their original production usage.
:beer

Thanks John... Are these heads considered to be highly sought after for either restoration or performance??

Viet Nam Vett

I saw some pictures of a set of heads that sound sorta like these that the asking price was $2,000. An intake manifold was also included. They had been used on a boat. Seems like they were in Texas.

They may be the same ones you are talking about. They had been welded on and also reworked by AirFlow Research I think it was. They had been milled, but no specs were available.
Ol Blue

Ol Blue said:
Viet Nam Vett

I saw some pictures of a set of heads that sound sorta like these that the asking price was $2,000. An intake manifold was also included. They had been used on a boat. Seems like they were in Texas.

They may be the same ones you are talking about. They had been welded on and also reworked by AirFlow Research I think it was. They had been milled, but no specs were available.
Ol Blue
Heh Blue.... No the ones I have a line on are in my area...They are on a 402 BB with an intake. There is a pair of ZL 1 heads on ebay now though..:beer

Viet Nam Vett

The guy told me he was going to put them on Ebay. I could use a set for my racecar, but they were too far away and I couldn't really check them out. I was wary about modified heads that I couldn't have checked out.

What are you going to put these heads on?
Ol Blue

Ol Blue said:
Viet Nam Vett

The guy told me he was going to put them on Ebay. I could use a set for my racecar, but they were too far away and I couldn't really check them out. I was wary about modified heads that I couldn't have checked out.

What are you going to put these heads on?
Ol Blue

I'm not going to use them on my car. A friend of mine has the car ..not sure what model GM it is . I think it is a 60's Camaro with this 402 BB that has the ZL-1 Heads and intake on the Iron Block. He said he pulled the valve cover and crossreferenced the numbers and it came back as ZL-1. He also said that the heads were beutiful inside....nice and clean. They also had Full roller rockers installed on them.

I'm waiting now for him to call back and give me the numbers to post here.

as JohnZ indicated, not that rare as they were sold over the counter in MUCH larger quantities than the "ZL1" option itself - would say they are worth about $800 - $1000 for the heads including the intake

on those ZL-1 heads - seem to recall Clem or someone similar advising (on NCRS forum, when some ZL-1 heads were up on ebay) of the same info the John posted, i.e. many racers in that period picked them up over the counter, the number of such parts do not correspond nor are they limited to the number of ZL-1 & L-88 (68) and LS-6 (71) cars

As others have stated, the 074 heads were included in the 69 ZL1 (Corvette and Camaro), 69 late, open chamber L88 Corvette as well as the 71 LS6 Corvette. They were high tech for the time and certainly popular with the race car set as they could be purchased over the counter at any Chevrolet dealership. Also, as has been previously stated, they were produced in fairly high numbers. It would be my opinion, they (just the heads) could bring as much as 1500 bucks to the right person, depending on condition. The right person being someone who owns one of the above mentioned vehicles with the date of your heads matching their car.

Regards,

Mark Donnally

Late 60's racers used over the counter # 392 (67 L88) alum heads for track use, but most switched to the 074's by the mid 70's for their better flowing open chambers. Both styles are considered "old school" with sub-par technology by todays performance head standards and of interest only for nostalia or restoration. 074's have been selling for around $900-$1k for at least 15 years. Only recently have the prices started to climb.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom