Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil cooler pipes

77vette

My 77 vette, A/T, has a leak from the pipe area that fits into the radiator. I tryed to tighten the clamp without much success due to the angle. I will eventually get the right tool to do this, assuming this is the problem. Has anyone else had this problem....any suggestions???? Thanks...
P.S. Maybe I should mention, these are the 2 pipes that connect from the radiator to the transmission. The leak is coming from the radiator connection...Thanks

Me too!

Hi 77vette,
My 78 has that very same leak! Twice I've had it into the shop for other repairs or installs, and asked the mechanics to address the problem, and neither has caught it. I think I will need to bring it in specifically for that problem. One garage said they needed to replace the lines....I thought it was just a hose. ?
Hubby is reading over my shoulder and says he will take a look at it. I'll keep you posted. His tools are in storage, so we'll see if he can do it with what he has here with him or if the 78 needs to be sent to the shop.
I'll keep an eye on your post to see the results, and let you know what hubby finds with mine.
Silver

77Vette,
I replaced both of those rubber transmission hose lines on my 79. They are a bear to get at. The best way is from underneath the car. Replace the rubber lines first. The metal lines can be unscrewed from the radiator with a lot of muscle power . Good luck

Had the same problem. Bought a ratchet 90 degree screw driver to tighten clamp...no more leak.

oil cooler line

Yeah! I fixed the leak. All I did was tighten all clamps with a rachet screwdriver...Thanks for the input, you all..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom