Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil pressure sender

gbik

Corvette
1998 silver coupe
Ahhh. On the way into town this evening I watched the oil pressure gauge move to 80 psi. The DIC showed 129. WhenI got home shut engine off, let it set for 5-10 minutes, just turned key on without starting engine gauge and DIC shown 70 psi. Looks like my vette caught the bad oil sensor syndrome. or bird flu? Any words of advice or caution before I tackle the replacement? thanks Jay

Hello, I'm new here. My first post. I replaced the sensor a few months ago. In addition to the above instructions, remove some coolant. Also use the attached torque sequence. No need to remove the fuel lines. You need a deep 1 1/8 socket. That was easier than I thought.

Here is the link to the instruction I used. Be sure to reconnect the small hose circle in red on step 13 b.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=958008&highlight=oil+pressure&forum_id=1&arch=1

I hope it will help.

Thanks for the reply. Very nice link with pictures and text. Jay

Hey, there, Vette747. Thanks for the assist. And here's belated welcome to the :CAC

Nice collection of performance rides you have there!

:w
-Patrick

Thanks for the warm welcome! There is a lot of C5 expertise and knowledge on this forum. Great !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom