Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil pressure

knightvette

Corvette
1998 & 1981 WHITE
My display is showing 129 lbs. of oil pressure and my guage is bottomed out at 80 what can be wrong? Someone told me on a regular car it may need an oil sending unit but they didn't know if it would be the same on a vette I know someone knows need help again please haven't got my wipers fixed and already found another problem. Thanks

My display is showing 129 lbs. of oil pressure and my guage is bottomed out at 80 what can be wrong? Someone told me on a regular car it may need an oil sending unit but they didn't know if it would be the same on a vette I know someone knows need help again please haven't got my wipers fixed and already found another problem. Thanks

Faulty Oil Pressure sending unit!~!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

YouTube - C5 oil sender.mp4

Welcome to :CAC

:Steer:lou :w

I was about to post a reply when I discovered gmjunkie had responded with the pertinent info. :upthumbs You'll be happy to know you've just met the CAC C4 and C5 resident hillbilly Corvette expert! :happyanim:

Junkie is a fine fella and very knowledgeable and helpful!
:wJane Ann

Hi THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I have been so disgusted with this car but maybe this will be an easy fix. You don't know how much I appreciate this. I can't say enough good stuff about this site. I did look and see if there was already a solution I didn't see one but I may have looked at the wrong place. THANKS AGAIN. :happyanim:

Oil pressure

HI AGAIN, great video thank you gmjunkie for posting it for me. That looks easy enough I believe a cave man could do it I may not can find a cave man these days I think I could even do it, I would like to try it. But seriously that has saved me alot of money because I know someone that would do that for me for nothing they are just not sure about working on corvettes they are just afraid to try something they don't know anything about. Great Great I am ready to go buy the unit and tools when the auto parts open up I hope they have it in stock THANKS AGAIN:w

I was about to post a reply when I discovered gmjunkie had responded with the pertinent info. :upthumbs You'll be happy to know you've just met the CAC C4 and C5 resident hillbilly Corvette expert! :happyanim:

Junkie is a fine fella and very knowledgeable and helpful!
:wJane Ann

Thanks for the kind words Jane Ann,and just think back in 04 I could barley spell CORVETTE!~!! :happyanim:
I'm sure the establishment had to have spent allot of $$ the first 3 years for the litter box!~!!;LOL;LOL;LOL

:D

HI AGAIN, great video thank you gmjunkie for posting it for me. That looks easy enough I believe a cave man could do it I may not can find a cave man these days I think I could even do it, I would like to try it. But seriously that has saved me alot of money because I know someone that would do that for me for nothing they are just not sure about working on corvettes they are just afraid to try something they don't know anything about. Great Great I am ready to go buy the unit and tools when the auto parts open up I hope they have it in stock THANKS AGAIN:w

I'd go with a genuine AC Delco if you can!~!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

As far as a Cave Man,I'm close!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_3759 (Small).JPG
    IMG_3759 (Small).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 127
THANKS You got me laughing already this morning. Its good to put a face with the name. I like your hat. I believe I have got one of those somewhere.:beer I thought this might be coffee I was wrong. Little bit to early for beer for me but I guess its 5 oclock somewhere. See ya got to get ready to go get my parts. THANKS AGAIN:w

G.m. JUNKIE-you know a lot of info about vettes-but that picture!People might get the wrong idea about us corvette owners!And think we are all wacky:chuckle

G.m. JUNKIE-you know a lot of info about vettes-but that picture!People might get the wrong idea about us corvette owners!And think we are all wacky:chuckle

We Are!~~!Each in our way,You otta meet Vet Boy!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_1337 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1337 (Medium).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 80
Is that rotor there to keep your mask from running away from what it’s hiding? :L :) :rotfl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom