Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OK Guys Who likes a big rack

• Thread starter Thread starter resto75
  • Start date Start date
R

resto75

I know some people like a luggage rack and others don't want one on their car. I personally like the look and the shine out on the back deck. I recently replaced mine with a stainless rack as the chrome one just didn't look good anymore. I never use it but like to know its there.

I was wondering who has one and who doesn't

Personally, I like the clean look without it. Lines of the vette are enough for me :D

And as far as chrome, I think my car already has plenty of that!

Just my .02 :_rock

Sly

bobchad said:
I have one and use it with the t-top carrier all the time.

And I think it looks great! If I had a flat back deck vette, I'd definitely opt for the luggage rack and ttop carriers.
Heidi

We had one installed on our '74 convertible and, though we never used it, we really liked the looks!

Elaine

I have been thinking of putting one on too but waiting to see another C4 Vert with one already installed. I think if I do it would look better if it was a black powder coated one instead of chrome or polished. Since there is so little room for stowage in these cars it would allow my significant other to transport her 87 changes of clothes she requires for our weekend getaways. :(

Randy:cool

vette-dude said:
I have been thinking of putting one on too but waiting to see another C4 Vert with one already installed. I think if I do it would look better if it was a black powder coated one instead of chrome or polished. Since there is so little room for stowage in these cars it would allow my significant other to transport her 87 changes of clothes she requires for our weekend getaways. :(

Randy:cool

Friends of ours (and a CAC member, "JimMartley2") put one on Arlene's aqua '93 convertible, and it's great! It's the black powder coated type, and they use it all the time when they go back and forth to Corvette shows. they bought a special type of container that fits the rack perfectly. Besides, it breaks up the back of the C4 nicely. I don't have any pictures of it, but maybe Jim can post some for you. I think it would be perfect for your SO's multiple changes of clothes!!:L

Elaine

I'm a "No Rack" person myself. I like my Shark Tail just as it is.

Michel :pat

Michel73 said:
I'm a "No Rack" person myself. I like my Shark Tail just as it is.

;stupid

I prefer the flat look.....BUT.....

I just returned from a 2,773 mile trip with my brother....and had to decide between carrying clothes...or a car cover. We didn't have room for both....

Martin72 said:
;stupid

I just returned from a 2,773 mile trip with my brother....and had to decide between carrying clothes...or a car cover. We didn't have room for both....

And you chose the cover, I hope??!;)

Elaine

Martin72 said:
;stupid

I prefer the flat look.....BUT.....

Beautiful car Martin.

I notice you are here in Atlanta and was wondering if you are going to make the Varsity thing on Sunday or the Tail of the Dragon run in September?

Bob

Vette Dude
I feel your pain. My wife takes about the same 87 changes of clothes too. If we had to take the vette I would think a trailer hitch would be the best solution. My wife would pack for a week for 2 day trip to a nudist camp.

I have seen the black racks on c4's and they look good.

Beautiful car Martin.

I notice you are here in Atlanta and was wondering if you are going to make the Varsity thing on Sunday or the Tail of the Dragon run in September?

Bob

Thanks.....

I'll give the Varsity a try (I'm a hot dog hog). My job keeps me out of town most of the time -- I'm in Arlington, TX right now....but should be getting back late Friday. If I can get free, I'll try to make it.

Elaine & Resto75,

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I guess I will have to decide this soon as we would like to go to Carlisle again this year. I like the trailer idea too but I would have to find another wrecked C4 and make a matching trailer to get the LOOK if you know what I mean. Now lets see--three days at Carlisle-- HER: 14 dresses, 10 pairs of shorts color coordinated with 45 blouses, 55 bras, 81 panties, 81 packages of panty hose, 4 bags full of makeup, and a hair curler, hair blower plus 3 gallons of shampoo & conditioner-- ME: 1 pair of jeans and a pair of shorts with three t-shirts and a couple of underwear changes.. Yeah, I think I can get it all in a trailer!!

Randy:crazy :crazy

Take a look at this.....

MVC-212F.JPG

This was taken on the Hot Rod Power Tour when we were leaving the driver's meeting one morning. The C-2 in front of me had taken a motorcycle trailer, installed C-2 lights and emblem and painted it to match his car. They drive this car everywhere...and still have plenty of room for clothes.

It is still a rack. Found on stationwagons and pacers not for racers. Sorry but I can't go with you on this one.

Martin,
Wow - what a cool photo. I wish I had made the Power Tour but didn't. I'm looking forward to getting in a couple of hundred miles of the National Corvette Caravan :Steer

Save the Wave,

Michel :pat

luggage rack

I have one on my 76, the chrome is showing it's age in some places, but I like the way it looks. Where did you buy your stainless one?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom