Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

OK I was at the Factory the other day and saw this on the body shop floor C6??

B

Black Ice

It was a 2 piece rear bumper facia for a Corvette Painted in a lighter then Mag red color. It looked like the lower 1/2, the bumper part protruded out about 3 inches from the taillight part. It was a very smooth rounded design almost ala C4. but it was C5 sized. The taillight cut outs (Only Two) were elongated and rounded at the ends. I would assume they would hold two round red lights under one clear glass bubble on each side. It may be a new C5 rear end or a C6 my guess is C6. I also spoke to my friend at the plant that said C6 is most certain a 2005 model now.

coooool thx! its actually hard to understand what you are decribing but a cool find all the same.

Sounds sort of similar to the tiger shark rear?

Oh yea forgot one other thing. It had what looked like a a spoiler overhang built into the upper taillight facia. It kinda looked like a little baseball hat brim.

what did it look like the exhaust would be?

It had a center cut out for the pipes.

Bowling Green (hehehe are you from GM???)

What day were you in BG? I was there from the 12th through the 15th, went through the factory on the morning of the 15th with Sonny Kilgo. Not certain if I saw the rear facia that you're talking about, but did see a door panal in the new caddy area. It had one huge speaker in the door, and two other small mid-range and what looked like a tweeter.
How did you like the new metalic grey paint? I think that will be a hot seller. It didn't look like much on just the front and rear facia alone, but put it all together on the car and it looked great. That would have made a nice 50th anny color.
vettepilot

Was in BG the last week of June and they had just started running the 03 models the Thursday before. Only saw one Anniversary model, a coupe, but got a closeup of the new 50th logo on the cars. First time at the plant, very cool. The highlight was at the end when we saw two Caddy XLR's. One was being pushed and the other was under its own power. Very cool.

We should hire a "Kamakazi" kind of guy to go racing through BG with a camera I really can't wait to see this C6! Ive seen SO many prototypes or spy cam pictures (Usually confused with the new Caddy)

I remember when C5 came out there was ALOT of anticipation around here! Motor Trend C&D etc.. all had there own HERE IT IS FOLKS!

Of course the C5 looks NOTHING like the magazines portayed at the time so I can't wait to see this thing heheh

only 2?

only 2 tail lights :cry the distinctive 4 tail lights is one of my fav. things bout the vettes, sorry, but i really hope your wrong :(

I was there the last week of May like the 29th I think. The rear had 2 cutouts but 4 holes. I assume the taillights will be "grouped" 2 in one recess with a bubble over it and two on the other side. Yes I also saw the Cadillac assembly line going in with sort of a 1/2 assembled car sitting there. The Caddy looks nice.

Black Ice said:
I was there the last week of May like the 29th I think. The rear had 2 cutouts but 4 holes. I assume the taillights will be "grouped" 2 in one recess with a bubble over it and two on the other side. Yes I also saw the Cadillac assembly line going in with sort of a 1/2 assembled car sitting there. The Caddy looks nice.

I bet your right..one of the biggest complaints of C5 owners was the dust build up in the scoops of the rear tailights.

it would be like GM to solve that issue yet still stay with the heritage look of four lights..

I bet its cool.

Looking foward to seeing the car unveiled..

HMMMM.....what IS the security like? I guess they would be smart enough to realise it if u used the casio wrist camera?? (They have a color one now too) I'd think any stop at a spy shop could get u a hidden camera decent enough ...or are they used to inquisitive journalists?

When you take the factory tour, no cameras, no handbags, no backpacks allowed. When we went through in July, we had to remove our wrist watches also, this is to protect the body panals that we might get a little too close to as we walked through different areas. The security is pretty tight, airports should be so good.
vettepilot

BigRed said:
We should hire a "Kamakazi" kind of guy to go racing through BG with a camera I really can't wait to see this C6!

THIS IS THE GREATEST IDEA I'VE HEARD YET. I'M UR MAN.
you want the pics just help me get to BG. i'll go in on a tour, take a stowaway digital cam. when i find the right opportunity i'll snap as many shots as i can. and as they are tackling me and shooting me with tranqs i'll swap the cam's memory card with a fony (a card with current "spy pics" half of which are of the 50th and the caddy and that won't land me in any trouble")and hide the true one.
who's up for that?
any takers?

sam
the texan

I believe what you saw was probably the Cadillac Evoc (two seater) rear fascia. It has tail lights like that. The C6 has 4 oval lights. I saw it today at the Tech Center where it is being assembled and engineered. I also saw the Cadillac Evoc.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom