Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ok ...I'm A Begger....But I Ain't Paying $36.50 For A $.05 Part

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Heh... Any body got any MSD 6AL Plug In Modules also known as RPM Pills ..Rev Limiter Pills ..

Looking for ...5500. Pill.. but will take a 5400 or 5600. All that's inside is a $.05 Resistor. I can build my own but if some one has some extra's I'll pay postage.

Summit gets $27.00 for 5 pc's ..then $9.50 Handling charge...Idot's..!!

Thanks..(VNV)

I feel your pain. I cannot help you but I am sure someone must be out here that can! :upthumbs

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

lt4man said:
I feel your pain. I cannot help you but I am sure someone must be out here that can! :upthumbs

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

Thanks... I have a chart with the resistance Values to build one but it's just easier to plug one in..

Viet Nam Vett said:
Heh... Any body got any MSD 6AL Plug In Modules also known as RPM Pills ..Rev Limiter Pills ..

Looking for ...5500. Pill.. but will take a 5400 or 5600. All that's inside is a $.05 Resistor. I can build my own but if some one has some extra's I'll pay postage.

Thanks..(VNV)

I might have one, if I do you can have it for FREE.

Gerry

Gerry said:
I might have one, if I do you can have it for FREE.

Gerry

Heh Gerry you da man.. Let me know..I'll pay de post-tage..:beer

Viet Nam Vett said:

Thanks..(VNV)

I thought I had one but when I checked my stash I do not. If you can make one from an 8000 it's yours.

Sky65 said:
I thought I had one but when I checked my stash I do not. If you can make one from an 8000 it's yours.

Heh Sky,
Thanks for the try.. I'll build one if I can't find one.. Thanks.:beer

Viet Nam Vett said:
Heh Gerry you da man.. Let me know..I'll pay de post-tage..:beer

I ain't da man. Sorry, I thought I had one but all mine are from 6000 and up. Mea Culpa 3X.

Best regards,
Gerry

PS I am going to ask a friend who uses the same box, perhaps he has one.

Gerry said:
I ain't da man. Sorry, I thought I had one but all mine are from 6000 and up. Mea Culpa 3X.

Best regards,
Gerry

PS I am going to ask a friend who uses the same box, perhaps he has one.

No Prob-Lem-O Gerry.

Thanks for taking the time to look for me. That RPM range Pill 5500 ..is an odd ball.

Thanks Again......Heh ..Are you doing CAC Crusie Fest This Year..??

:beer

Viet Nam Vett said:
No Prob-Lem-O Gerry.

Thanks for taking the time to look for me. That RPM range Pill 5500 ..is an odd ball.

I am still hoping to go but time is not my friend right now. BTW what do you need a 5500 pill for anyway??

Best regards,
Gerry

Yeah, whatdya' need that version for? Can't be the 502. MUST be the Thunderchicken but then again, doesn't THAT engine redline at 4500? ;LOL

Gerry said:
Viet Nam Vett said:
No Prob-Lem-O Gerry.

I am still hoping to go but time is not my friend right now. BTW what do you need a 5500 pill for anyway??

Best regards,
Gerry

Suggested Red Line on the 502 is 5500. All the HP and Torque is in way before that.

No need to twist the motor to 6000 or more ..ain't gonna gain nothing..cept noise from the Sweet Thunder Pipes.. and some blood outa my ear drums..:L

Kid_Again said:
Yeah, whatdya' need that version for? Can't be the 502. MUST be the Thunderchicken but then again, doesn't THAT engine redline at 4500? ;LOL

.....:L The Thunderchicken twist's the frame at around 2800 RPM. The 460 BB and the 9 inch rear lay it down... :_rock

Mark,

If you are still looking for one I know Dennis has a 5400 and 5600 if want them, but he said you should keep the 6000 so you don't bump it.

Tom M

.........................................................................................

.......................................................................................

.................................................................................

.....................................................................................................

Sting Ray said:
Mark,

If you are still looking for one I know Dennis has a 5400 and 5600 if want them, but he said you should keep the 6000 so you don't bump it.

Tom M

Mark,

I have the chips as tom said, but... the purpose of a rev chip is to keep you from "over reving" your engine, just in case you "miss a gear" or something to that effect. I would say from experiance that if you put in a 5400 chip you will bump it at most every full throttle shift and it gets to be annoying fast. Several of the 502's I have had when tuned in hit the 6K chip way too easily when I did some spirited driving.
If you want the chips, pm myself or tom with your address, Tom is here this week and one of us should get it shipped in between beer runs :)

Dennis

midyear said:
Mark,

I have the chips as tom said, but... the purpose of a rev chip is to keep you from "over reving" your engine, just in case you "miss a gear" or something to that effect. I would say from experiance that if you put in a 5400 chip you will bump it at most every full throttle shift and it gets to be annoying fast. Several of the 502's I have had when tuned in hit the 6K chip way too easily when I did some spirited driving.
If you want the chips, pm myself or tom with your address, Tom is here this week and one of us should get it shipped in between beer runs :)

Dennis

Thanks D Man...PM On The Way..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom