Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ok steering locked again

Y'all may already be aware of this...

... but I figured it can't hurt to post it again if that is the case.

This was in the December issue of Cars & Parts Corvette Magazine:
Feds nose in C5

There is an federal safety investigation underway to determine if C5 Corvettes have a defect that makes them impossible to steer. There have been complaints that the steering columns lock up at speeds of 5-65 mph, including four reported crashes. This would affect some 110,000 Corvettes if a recall is necessary.

I can't find an update, so I guess it's relatively new news. ;)

_ken :w

Don't forget that if you install the bypass or permit Chevrolet to install their "fix" under terms of their "satisfaction campaign", you have eliminated the locking steering column feature.

If you bought your car new, this is a theft-deterent feature that you paid for. The lack of a locking steering column increases the chances that your car can be stolen.

Chevrolet should be required to fix every car that has this defective feature, compensate the owners for their lost time and aggravation, and pay a penalty for ignoring the problem for so long.

(Yes, my column lock malfunction and stranded my wife and I while we were out-of-state on vacation. It ruined the end of our vacation and stranded us for three days.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom