Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Ok, what now?

AussieCorvetteNut

Corvette
1984 Two-tone Blue Coupe
Ok, I have the parts 84 up on stands, but have come up with a chicken before the egg kind of dilemma.

I need to drop the rear diff assembly and front suspension on this parts car, but will have nothing to drop it down onto, to get it out of the shed.

I am rough, but even I wouldn't just skull drag it out of the shed.

Any thoughts on how to wheel it out when I'm done stripping the driveline?

:eyerole

Tony

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 94
If you know anyone in the moving business you could borrow four furniture dollies and place them under the frame in front of and behind the doors.

If you know anyone in the moving business you could borrow four furniture dollies and place them under the frame in front of and behind the doors.

I never thought of that.

I wonder what the guys in the salvage yards do?

Probably jack it up on stands outside, then strip them.
I was thinking about doing this while I started stripping parts while it was outside the shed, but it got too hot working in the sun.

:beer

I never thought of that.

I wonder what the guys in the salvage yards do?
I suspect a forklift.

There are wheel dollies that can move a car so something comparable. Biggest thing IMO would be have wheels of sufficient strength to hold it up and not break.

I suspect a forklift.

There are wheel dollies that can move a car so something comparable. Biggest thing IMO would be have wheels of sufficient strength to hold it up and not break.

Yeah, I have seen a few Corvette shells up on pallets with the running gear removed.
I would do the same, but I am over working outside the shed, I haven't done any concreting or asphalt up to the shed yet, so I am laying on road base to do the work. :mad
That's why I moved the parts Vette into the shed to finish off removing the spare parts, it just makes it interesting when I go to get it out of the shed later.

I am just about to remove the rear suspension completely, so putting wheels back on won't be an option.

The front will suffer the same fate...besides, its good practice stripping out the parts Vette when I have a very long list of parts to install on "Blue" which currently lives on the hoist.

I thought maybe I use two engine crane lifts at either end....they are good for about 1200 kg each...maybe make something up with castors???

Tony

Hi Guys,

I ended up moving it back out to the garaport extension I have on the end of the shed, basically another shed bay without the sides.
Just means I have to walk 40 metres round trip to the tool box...might loose a bit of weight.:L

At least a crane truck or tilt tray can get to it better when I finally sell the chassis and remaining shell.

Wheels are off and it is sitting up on stands, with the Easter long weekend, I will have time to rip that Diff and rear suspension out.

Well that's if the Wife doesn't find other work for me to do...:mad

Tony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom