Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old age?

SANOLS1

Corvette
2004 Millenium Yellow Coupe
Well, it’s been seven years since I bought my 2004 coupe and it is finally starting to show its age. There are two things that are starting to annoy me. The first is a nasty rattle coming from somewhere around the windshield defrost outlet. The rattle is only heard at low rpm grunt power, like when I just leave from a stop. Anyone have an idea? Anyone? :W

Secondly, the leather in the crook of both door armrests is lifting from the pads. There are two nice big wrinkles now in the corners of the armrests. This sort of puzzles me as the car is garage kept out of the sun at home as well as at work. I’m wondering if an upholstery shop might be able to reattach it and smooth it out. Has anyone else experienced either of these issues?

yea,old age is a b----!I have an 02 with some dash rattles-I turn the radio up!some things can be fixed,like your armrests-go to an upolersery shop-check spelling on that!Things wear out with age,so do we!:w

Mine is an '04 also but can't say that I have had any of those issues (yet). Maybe it is a mileage thing?

Mine is an '04 also but can't say that I have had any of those issues (yet). Maybe it is a mileage thing?

I've only got 32K on the car since new I am at a loss at this point. I wouldn't have expected either of these issues yet.;shrug Hopefully someone will chime in with some info about the rattle. As far as the arm rests, I guess I'll head to an upholstery shop.:W

My Vette's build date was 07/99, has 100k miles and it's getting better with age!

:cool​

LS6RoadsterOldRoute66-5.jpg

Old Age

Well, it’s been seven years since I bought my 2004 coupe and it is finally starting to show its age. There are two things that are starting to annoy me. The first is a nasty rattle coming from somewhere around the windshield defrost outlet. The rattle is only heard at low rpm grunt power, like when I just leave from a stop. Anyone have an idea? Anyone? :W

Secondly, the leather in the crook of both door armrests is lifting from the pads. There are two nice big wrinkles now in the corners of the armrests. This sort of puzzles me as the car is garage kept out of the sun at home as well as at work. I’m wondering if an upholstery shop might be able to reattach it and smooth it out. Has anyone else experienced either of these issues?

On the rattle issue, the only rattle in my 01 turned out to be the vanity mirror on the passenger side. May not be yours, but a place to look. :)

silver1

My Vette's build date was 07/99, has 100k miles and it's getting better with age! :cool

Shooter, That's awsome! Im looking forward to getting there someday.

For the last couple of years my wife has been driving mine and I don't get many opportunities. Lately I've been getting up earlier and sneaking off to work in it, leaving her with the truck.:harhar Because it's been so long since I last drove it, I notice all of the little things. You could call me anal and you'd be right.:D

I have 24,000 on my 04 and the only problem i had was the rear axle seal leaking.

My 2004 has about the same amount of miles (33,000), but I haven't experienced any of these problems....yet. :ugh

Highly Maintained

2001 Lingenfelter convertible with 38k miles. Only issues are with
the local and state police.:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom