Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old car guy but new to Corvette Ownership - 2001 C5 Convertible, Red

JDC5

Corvette
2001 Red Convertible
Hello everyone. I have had my fair share of nice cars over the years but beleive it or not never a Corvette or even a Chevrolet. There have been a couple that I really wanted over the years though. When a senior in high school a buddy's uncle had a silver 69 427 convertible and I also found an abandoned 1960 vette that I never was able to purchase. I ended up buying other cars over the years. To list some of the better ones I had, 68 Mustang Fastback with 428CJ, 1971 Trans-Am Super Duty 455, 1992 NSX, 93 MR2 Turbo, VW Beetle and Karmann Ghia, etc. Well I decided I was going to buy a C6 about 3 weeks ago and it looked like the 2007 coupe was my target. I hunted and found a couple potential buys that literally got bought just before I arrived. Last Saturday I was about to give up and go home and as I was driving toward the exit of one of the local Chevrolet used car lots I saw the red nose of a Corvette sticking out among a row of trucks and decided to take a look, Turns out it was a C5 2001 convertible, no dealer markings, price or anything. The salesman walked up and he said it was for sale but he would have to go get the info on it and get the keys so we could take a drive. Well it turns out it only had 8823 miles and I took it for a drive and the next thing I know I am making a deal on a C5 instead of a c^. Well it has been fun so far and realize for a car guy I really don't know much about these cars and their options. This one is only missing the Z51 option from what I can tell. I found theis site looking for general info on C5, glad I found it. Thanks for all the information here.

JD

:welcome

Sounds like you found a nice C5 to buy.
Looks like you have owned an interesting mix of cars also.

Post a picture when you get a chance.

Welcome to the CAC and congratulations on the Corvette purchase. I hope you enjoy the Corvette as much as I have mine over the past 50+ years. So you see, I am old too, but one is never to old to purchase their first Corvette nor many over the years. As you see by my user name and avatar, I love Corvettes, especially the RED ones - you made a great color choice - remember, all Corvettes are red! Again, welcome to the CAC,take some photos, make one your avatar, and post the rest. And to quote LT4Man, save the wave.
Barrett

And to quote LT4Man, save the wave.
Barrett

Congrats on your new sweet ride!

While driving your Red Vette, please be sure to SAVE the SAVE! :w

Welcome to the CAC Forum JD. :w

Red Corvettes are nice.

Here is a picture of my car sitting where I first saw it in the car lot.

Here is my new baby sitting where I first saw her in the car lot. I will post new pics after I have the dealer clean her up.

Javier

Attachments

• 2012-07-14_19-27-26_199.jpg
    2012-07-14_19-27-26_199.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 2012-07-14_19-30-03_335.jpg
    2012-07-14_19-30-03_335.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 125
Congratulations on being a new member of the Corvette Action Center...and a new member of the Corvette world!! You will love both!!

Elaine

Hi JD! Congrats on scoring your first Corvette (and less than 9k miles on it!) and WELCOME to the :CAC

If you take a look around I think you'll like what you see. We have a great bunch of Corvette enthusiasts here - friendly, knowledgeable and generous with sharing their knowledge and experiences.

Here are a couple of threads you may find useful to get you started as a new owner:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c5-general-discussion/100848-new-world-c5-corvette.html

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c5-general-discussion/109817-c5-owners-manual-links.html

And don't forget to check out the Tech Center: Corvette Action Center | Tech Center

Enjoy the forums and your new C5!
:wJane Ann

Torch Red on black with black interior is one really color combo.
Congrats on the purchase of your very nice, low milage C5, and welcome!

-JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom