Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Old Corvette Parts shop going out of business

Corvette
1981 HD Suspension; ZN1 Option
Hello everyone,

The owner of Carter Corvettes in Livermoore, CA told me four years ago that he was looking to retire and close down his business. Well, it is happening this year. This guy swapped the calipers in my Vette back in 1986, to stainless steel coated ones, and they are still functioning fine. He has been the one place I have gone to looking for those rare to find items. Yoda (may he rest in peace) used to be a regular customer of this place.

I mi spoke with him today, and I asked him how he was selling his stuff, and he told me through eBay. So, if you look for seller "corvettesvc", you'll be viewing his stuff. I just bought a few items, but marked many by using the "watch" feature in eBay. His name is Ken Carter. Cool and very helpful fellow (although lately he may be a bit grumpy,, lol)

I gain nothing, no favors, no kick backs, not even a thanks, by telling you all this. But I just know that there is that one item some of you have been looking for. He has many NOS, but he also has Paragon parts. I even bought a dealership (amt) 1970 LT-1 model VETTE like the ones dealers used to give you free if you bought a car back then.

Good luck!

[to our forum modulators, if I broke some rule about posting this here, could you please move it to its appropriate place, and let me know? Thanks!!]

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with it Gerry..

Hello everyone,

The owner of Carter Corvettes in Livermoore, CA told me four years ago that he was looking to retire and close down his business. Well, it is happening this year. This guy swapped the calipers in my Vette back in 1986, to stainless steel coated ones, and they are still functioning fine. He has been the one place I have gone to looking for those rare to find items. Yoda (may he rest in peace) used to be a regular customer of this place.

I mi spoke with him today, and I asked him how he was selling his stuff, and he told me through eBay. So, if you look for seller "corvettesvc", you'll be viewing his stuff. I just bought a few items, but marked many by using the "watch" feature in eBay. His name is Ken Carter. Cool and very helpful fellow (although lately he may be a bit grumpy,, lol)

I gain nothing, no favors, no kick backs, not even a thanks, by telling you all this. But I just know that there is that one item some of you have been looking for. He has many NOS, but he also has Paragon parts. I even bought a dealership (amt) 1970 LT-1 model VETTE like the ones dealers used to give you free if you bought a car back then.

Good luck!

[to our forum modulators, if I broke some rule about posting this here, could you please move it to its appropriate place, and let me know? Thanks!!]
He is not putting much on sale. He knows what every part is worth at top dollar. Good for him. But, good luck, too.

He is not putting much on sale. He knows what every part is worth at top dollar. Good for him. But, good luck, too.

I just tried in calling him, and the phone rings, which means it has not been disconnected. I'll try again tomorrow to see. I imagine that if he is not done selling his stuff, then he may be doing it by phases.

Also, yeah, I recognize that he asks what he thinks is worth for his stuff. Some of this stuff is not for you or for me. Which we're not really desperately looking for it, nor needing a particular part. It is for the Vette enthusiast who has spent months perhaps looking for the one item to complete his ride (are they ever complete? :ugh:eyerole;) ), so they may seem not worth the investment, if you have one.

For example, he sold me a year ago the solenoid that routes vacuum appropriately when decelerating , accelerating, or cruising between the EGR valve and the air pump. I looked for it almost a year, and those folks who had them, threw them away, and eBay was not listing them. I think I paid $90 for it. Used but works. How much that is worth? It is up to the enthusiast. :) I paid $200 for a hood emblem on my yellow car which I searched for over three years. To me it was worth saving another year in searching for it. Besides, I look at it in beer terms. How much beer I am willing to not buy and drink in order to purchase the rare item?!?!?! Hahahaha priceless!!!! :L;LOL

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom